Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 with 34k. Been incredible

Comment

2019 FX4 with 5.0. Only has about 12k miles but no issues. I push the auto stop when I put it in gear. Not a big deal. I may look into pulling the wire since I use my diesel when pulling a trailer.

Comment

I have a 2019 with 60000 on it. It was just in the shop for something to do with the cam sensor and the recirculate door. About 1k worth of work but under warranty. It had a really rough idle and died once before the check engine light came on. Ford wouldn’t do anything until check engine came on and stayed on.

Comment

2017 4x4 w/ 5.0. Great engine. Great truck. If you are actually going to use it for hauling and towing, it needs some stiffer springs or bags in the rear. They are pretty soft. Other than that, they are great trucks.

Comment

I have a 2016 F150 5.0 and The engine has been flawless. It has 55,000 miles and still idles so smooth there are times I think the engine is off.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Had a 2018 with the 5.0. Engine had a low knock, dash had persistent electrical issues. Really wanted to like the truck but ditched it due to the ongoing problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same...low engine knock, oil consumption, radio / gps/ screen would black out. Along with the warped dash. Kept for just over a year.

Comment

It’s a solid engine, and can be easily modded for more power.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback fellas. This makes it easy

Comment

Do yourself a favor and keep looking at other brands just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

I have an '18 with 120,000+ miles on it. 4 X 4 King ranch trim package... I also have the 6 1/2 foot bed and large gas tank... Normal driving, I get 650 miles to a tank of gas. Best half ton I ever had so far... Had an eco Boost before that in a truck exactly like it. I'd order another one tomorrow if I needed a new truck...

Comment

2016 FX4 with 55,000 miles. At 44,000 miles my check engine light came on and truck was sluggish. Dealership ended up replacing the intake manifold under the power train warranty. Hasn’t acted up since. I just pulled my 28’ travel trailer to the lease yesterday. Got less than 8 mpg but I didn’t cut it any slack. I also have level kit and larger than stock tires.

Comment

I'm the shop foreman at a ford dealership I drive a 5.0 wouldn't want anything else.

Comment

Have a 2017 5.0 with 105k miles and no complaints. Need to replace a vacuum hose and the back up camera is staying on longer than it should but that’s obviously not motor related.

Boss has a 2017 5.0 with 125k and hates it. Having all sorts of idling issues the last 30-35k miles

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                              Same...low engine knock, oil consumption, radio / gps/ screen would black out. Along with the warped dash. Kept for just over a year.

Same here. 2018. 30k miles. been in the shop 6 times for a engine rattle which ford has issues a TSB for it. Now they are telling me is a normal engine noise. Hardly normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X