Tres Amigos LIVE!!! Panhandle Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
    Boy howdy! An East texas redneck gets a little taste of what it’s like to hunt in “gods country”, instead of that awful Pineywoods east Texas mess and he is hooked!! Lol!! Good luck Jooger.....that panhandle hunting is pretty special. Some decent deer too!!
    I used to hunt up this way back in highschool and a few years after and finally got a line on getting back up here. I do miss my piney woods though. Next 2 weekends I’ll probably be there.

Several big mature bucks here but nothing with a lot of inches.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

The way I read the text, Tito killed a doe and she never made it out of the feeder pen lol

Comment

Great afternoon, saw some nice deer, and learned a lot about the Kville Quarter. Tito mashed a doe so I’m headed to camp to cook fajitas and watch Burr skin a deer.

Comment

They should have been back to camp by now. No redponse to txt or calls. Headed out to find them.

Comment

Good luck in the morning. Small bucks chasing does everywhere in the river bottom. Next week gonna be on fire round here!

Comment

Hey Steve, on her mother's side of the family, most of my wife's folks are buried there at Whitehouse. They was all from Shawnee Prairie. Her grandfather was one of the pasture riders for Renfro and another one... They had a beautiful place back in there. I didn't know you lived out that way. I thought for some reason you was a Houston County boy... don't know why I thought that... I killed my first deer in the old Shawnee Creek Hunting club as a kid... My dad was one of the charter members of that place WAY back there...

Comment

...standing by for a report! Hope all is OK...

Comment

Found’m. Burr was out doing the Lord’s work! We have a batch of coons that have spun out 200lbs of corn in less than a week in spite of the coon cage. He stuck around with Tito’s X Bow and a head light and put a hurting on 3 of them lol. Fajitas are about to hit the pit and the hide is getting pulled off Tito’s doe. Fire is crackling and the beer is plenty cold. William and his son Hunter are pointed this way in the morning!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Hey Steve, on her mother's side of the family, most of my wife's folks are buried there at Whitehouse. They was all from Shawnee Prairie. Her grandfather was one of the pasture riders for Renfro and another one... They had a beautiful place back in there. I didn't know you lived out that way. I thought for some reason you was a Houston County boy... don't know why I thought that... I killed my first deer in the old Shawnee Creek Hunting club as a kid... My dad was one of the charter members of that place WAY back there...
                    Yes sir I know all of those places well! I grew up and went to school in Huntington, currently reside off of 1818 and in the process of buying my grandparent’s old place in Burke (Where the Whoshale Storage buildings are). I spent most of my high school years shooting beer cans out of the river in the old Johnson Bottom!

Comment

These are the kind of nights that mold the minds of boys and turn then into men. Y’all find a better place than a good deer camp with wood burning in the fire pit you let me know where it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

These are the kind of nights that mold the minds of boys and turn then into men. Y’all find a better place than a good deer camp with wood burning in the fire pit you let me know where it is!

Amen. I've got some good places to hunt but miss the camp atmosphere...that's a huge part of it for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I can’t keep up with all these live threads lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            Man I can’t keep up with all these live threads lol

There should only be one or two more before I start the season thread. I’m moving up here on the 1st to start guiding full time for either the remainder of the season or until I go back to work. And by guiding full time I mean locating groups of deer for hunters that are coming while also hunting for myself and dropping them off early enough that I have time to get to my stands as well lol.

Today is going to be a good day. Wind is hammering this morning and temps warmed up a little bit. Tito and Burr are in the same blind as last night, I think we’ll start calling that stand the coon stand. Tito still has killing on his mind but I did notice that ol Burr took that BowTech with him this morning.

I’m in The Snow Cone Stand where Burr and I killed our bucks last year and I killed the doe this year. For those that don’t remember it snowed late October last year and I killed a really nice 9pt on video here.

We have had 9 kinds of hell out of cameras here but I put one on a mock scrape that I made the weekend before season opened and there’s been a hammer around. When the wind kicks up these deer like to stick to the shelter belts and when they’re working the shelter belts there’s not a better stand on earth than the snow cone stand.

William and his son Hunter are rolling out sometime this morning. I found two deer yesterday that would tickle most grown men pink much less an 11 year old kid! Burr and I will have a base built this morning and Will/ Hunter will be setting up on him this evening.

Turning the phone off now, will update when day breaks.

Comment

Pinché coyote just rolled through. Too dark to shoot.

Comment

One of my big shooters just rolled through and did what big bucks do. They’re bad about getting here just before the feeder throws. He slipped past the south window and made a big loop around the feeder. He swung wide enough yhay when he was coming back to the feeder he caught my wind. Big stud 150+ 10pt

Comment

Working...
                                X