X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without seeing any one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I won’t be hunting for a few weeks. Got bit by something opening weekend that has landed me in the hospital with a bad infection. Recovery could be 2-3 weeks. Don’t have full use of my left hand at the moment, but hopefully I get it back soon. Prayers appreciated. ETA in hospital is gonna be 5 days.

Comment

Ouch! Hope you recover quickly. Sending prayers. As I get older I'm more worried about the crawling things than snakes and such.

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
          Well I won’t be hunting for a few weeks. Got bit by something opening weekend that has landed me in the hospital with a bad infection. Recovery could be 2-3 weeks. Don’t have full use of my left hand at the moment, but hopefully I get it back soon. Prayers appreciated. ETA in hospital is gonna be 5 days.
          That sux, was it a spider?

Well someone finally moved in close to one of my hidey holes. First time I’ve seen hunter sign there in about 5 years. His set up was all wrong though. I had to move on in towards bedding about 50 yards. Had a really nice buck come in right after sunset, but he must have caught my wind on a swirl because he spooked and ran off right before he walked into my shooting lane. 5 more feet and he would have been down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalep View Post
            Sitting in the blind this morning and trying to figure out how to register my canoe with a trolling motor. Downloaded the form but don’t know if really have to register the trolling motor itself or just the boat? Ordered trolling motor but like to register Monday if don’t need numbers off the trolling motor

Good luck everyone. Legal shooting in 7 mins
            Just the boat. I think you only have to register a motor if it’s over a certain hp. It’s been a while since I looked into it but I do remember you don’t have to register a trolling motor.

Comment

Hope ya get to doing better Darren. Let me know if there's anything I can do , (besides keep-n your spot baited ).

Comment

Yall be careful out there. Da Pepper's post reminds me there are lots of Recluse spiders crawling on everything out there this time of year. There's not many places you don't find them in the woods and brush. You may, or may not feel them when they bite. My Granddaddy got bit twice. And never felt them. Found a whole nest under his bed. Yet, I've read where other folks say the bite really stings. So just be careful.

Comment

Gotta A LOT of hogs down at Whitney this year. A buddy of mine has shot 5 of them this week! Gotta take em out when given the chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Aquilla can get crowded real quick when duck-n. And yes, there are lots of places to walk in for deer and pigs there. No need for a boat, unless you just want to. Then ya got to be real careful cause there are stumps in 20 foot of water there, not just the shallow areas. I've high centered in 24ft one Jan. Took me 20 minutes to get off the tree . But made me kinda nervous too.
                    Well. Got my permits printed out today. Hoping to make it out for my first time soon. Looks like I'll go on foot at first and look around before bringing the boat.

Curious to see how crowded it is. I'd love to hunt waco more but hate that after general opens it closes down. I don't have time to hunt until after football season.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
                      Gotta A LOT of hogs down at Whitney this year. A buddy of mine has shot 5 of them this week! Gotta take em out when given the chance!
                      That would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone able to get out and hunt the “cool” front? Wondering if it has helped deer movement.
                        Last edited by Bow in Hand; 10-13-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Yall be careful out there. Da Pepper's post reminds me there are lots of Recluse spiders crawling on everything out there this time of year. There's not many places you don't find them in the woods and brush. You may, or may not feel them when they bite. My Granddaddy got bit twice. And never felt them. Found a whole nest under his bed. Yet, I've read where other folks say the bite really stings. So just be careful.
                          Since I didn’t see what it was and didn’t bring any evidence they wouldn’t say what it was for sure, but it was a nasty bite that turned into a gnarly infection. I’m still here but should get to go home today. They have a drain on my hand right now. It’s supposed to come out today. Fortunately I caught it before there was any muscle or tissue damage. I making an impression on people at Texas Health Huguley though. Hopefully I can be back out in the woods in a couple of weeks. I appreciate all the prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                            That sux, was it a spider?

Well someone finally moved in close to one of my hidey holes. First time I’ve seen hunter sign there in about 5 years. His set up was all wrong though. I had to move on in towards bedding about 50 yards. Had a really nice buck come in right after sunset, but he must have caught my wind on a swirl because he spooked and ran off right before he walked into my shooting lane. 5 more feet and he would have been down.
                            Yes sir. Everyone who looked at it said it appeared to be a spider bite. My son shot a doe opening weekend and I was crawling around looking for blood at one point. Probably when it got me, but hard to say. I know of a guy who got bit by a rattlesnake out there a few years ago... took a little time to recover, but the week he came back.... maybe the first day, he got a nice 10! So maybe I’ll have something like that happen for me lol.

I feel ya on the “someone moving in on your spot” thing. Someone set a brush blind up on my spot that I’ve hunted for over 3 years. They saw bait on the ground and then set right up on the trail that all of the deer and hogs take to come into it, so I stopped baiting it, and will see if that changes the persons mind. I’d rather they just hunt my tree and corn when I’m not there, than set up their own in a terrible spot. They would have better luck. But to each their own.

Comment

Hope ya get to doing better Darren. Let me know if there's anything I can do , (besides keep-n your spot baited ).
                              My spot does need baiting!! lol Thanks Mike, I’ll let you know if I need anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Ouch! Hope you recover quickly. Sending prayers. As I get older I'm more worried about the crawling things than snakes and such.
                                Thank you sir! Since I’m type 1 diabetic, I have to be really careful, especially now.

Comment

Working...
                                X