No announcement yet.

Brady/Mason/Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its my first year in the area but I've seen at least 3 mature shooters. got one REALLY good buck walking around somewhere everyone swears hes in the 160 range. Unless that dude walks up, its a waiting game until the rut.

Comment

Deer are healthy but Antlers are down a bit from last year on mature bucks..
      Acorns are dropping.
      Bucks are already scraping. A lot of scrapes....
      It is DRY, DRY, DRY!!!!!!!!!!!! The driest I've seen it in 21 years except for 2011..
      Pray for rain..

Comment

I'm W of Brady by a little bit. Everything still in bachelor groups. Real young ones starting to tickle horns last weekend. From the ones that are not tight lipped, there sounds like we have a few bigger ones running around than last year, but no monsters. Maybe a few 40's to maybe 50's...assuming everyone is experienced enough to judge scores fairly close. If not, take away 10"-15" just to be conservative. Pretty good deer for the area.

But I went form normal to "where the **** did all the matures go"? All in 1 week.

I don't know if it is that they have started to bust up and move solo already, acorns, full moon, very beginning of pre-rut activity, or what......

Will see next weekend, can't make it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
          I'm W of Brady by a little bit. Everything still in bachelor groups. Real young ones starting to tickle horns last weekend. From the ones that are not tight lipped, there sounds like we have a few bigger ones running around than last year, but no monsters. Maybe a few 40's to maybe 50's...assuming everyone is experienced enough to judge scores fairly close. If not, take away 10"-15" just to be conservative. Pretty good deer for the area.

But I went form normal to "where the **** did all the matures go"? All in 1 week.

I don't know if it is that they have started to bust up and move solo already, acorns, full moon, very beginning of pre-rut activity, or what......

Will see next weekend, can't make it this weekend.
          We are just west of Brady also and based off of our camera pics all of our mature bucks are now running solo. We also experienced an abrupt slow down in activity lately..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            We are just west of Brady also and based off of our camera pics all of our mature bucks are now running solo. We also experienced an abrupt slow down in activity lately..
            Same with ours. Didn't get the solo pics, but poof, the matures were gone.

Saturday morning I had 12 different bucks, 1 doe, and 1 fawn. 1 was prob mature, just walked out and across the opening at about 60 yards and never stopped his slow walk or looked at the feeders. He had somewhere in mind.

Saturday eve was 9 bucks (3 were not from the morning), 1 Ax buck and doe that walked out and off, never looked at the feeders, 1 doe, 1 yearling, 1 fawn.

Sunday morn was 5 bucks (1 I didn't recognize, the others all had been there), and 1 solo doe. Took her.

Message replied to....

Comment

I made it out to our spot near Mason Sunday evening. All I saw were 6 pigs. I shot two of them. Saw bachelor group the next day. Nothing to get excited over. Have not had any nice bucks on camera. We will see how the season develops.

Comment

We are a few miles west of Mason and we have a couple of the best deer that we've seen in the last 10 years or so this year. But with that we seem to be missing a lot of our middle aged deer and more hogs than we have ever seen. I'm not sure if the hogs have most the deer run off or what but I plan on giving the hogs hell this weekend

Comment

Yea its been slow for us out between Brady and mason. We had some decent rain last month so it actually greened up nice but as far as the bucks, even the mature bucks we have on camera, so far they are all 8’s with an exception of a couple young 10’s or culls. I wish Texas would move their opener up 1 week. Or even 2-3 weeks and let us shoot some Velvet deer.

Wishful thinking. Good luck this year y’all.

Comment

Anybody have any names or people for good blood dog around Mason/Brady

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Have noticed the same at our lease. Opening weekend is always out best bet to kill a good one. Sometimes week 2 then they disappear until early to mid November. Appears for have happened already this year.

Comment

Another slow weekend at the ranch minus my dad having an opportunity at his first bow buck. All in all I’m hoping this cooler weather changes things.

Comment

I'm in Santa Anna/Trickham area. Coleman County. big boys are going nocturnal. Witnessed a small buck raking a tree for all it was worth. Very dry, some of our ponds and parts of the Colorado River drying up. Hang in there guys.

Comment

We hunt near London and Streeter. Wife shot a good one opening weekend at our place near London. Pulled cards this past weekend and all of our other target bucks have gone nocturnal.

Apodz I maybe able to help with some dogs, shoot me a text at 979-732-0385
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by msodolak View Post
                              We hunt near London and Streeter. Wife shot a good one opening weekend at our place near London. Pulled cards this past weekend and all of our other target bucks have gone nocturnal.

Apodz I maybe able to help with some dogs, shoot me a text at 979-732-0385

Beautiful deer! Congratulations to your wife.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X