Q Honey Badger re-classified to SBR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q Honey Badger re-classified to SBR.

I wonder how this will affect other similar styled pistols??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email from Q states:

Dear Customer:

On August 3rd, 2020, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) issued Q® a formal Cease & Desist letter, notifying us that ATF has taken the position that the Q Honey Badger Pistol is a short-barreled rifle (“SBR”) regulated under the National Firearms Act (“NFA”). In response, Q has ceased all production of the Honey Badger Pistol, and submitted a comprehensive letter to ATF and the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) stating why we disagree with this classification[1]. Additionally, we have provided recommendations on how to address the firearms already in circulation. Q is seeking solutions that best protect you, the individual, and Q’s distribution network from falling out of compliance with ATF regulations, and federal law. At this time, Q has not received any definitive guidance from the ATF.

In the meantime, Q encourages possessors of the Honey Badger Pistol to take these proactive measures until a resolution is reached between Q and ATF.

Complete one of the following:

Remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and dedicate it as a replacement
    for another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle; or

If you do not possess another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle, remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and temporarily transfer it out of your possession by, for example, transferring it to the dominion and control of another individual; and

Once the previous step is completed, you may file an ATF Form 1 to register the lower receiver as a short-barreled rifle. Upon Form 1 approval, the firearm may be reassembled.

Failure to complete option a or option b could result in prosecution and is subject to a $10,000.00 fine and up to 10 years imprisonment.

If you are concerned with this situation - as Q is - we urge you to contact the Department of Justice (ATF’s parent agency) by using the below OneClickPolitics link.

I wonder if they (ATF) followed NFA laws when giving guns to murderous narco-terrorists?

Comment

Oh don't worry, Trump is pro gun and will NEVER let our rights get taken away

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Oh don't worry, Trump is pro gun and will NEVER let our rights get taken away
        Yup...why I'm voting for biden as he's making Puto the gun czar & both have our back according NRA & GOA.

WTH is your point??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Yup...why I'm voting for biden as he's making Puto the gun czar & both have our back according NRA & GOA.

WTH is your point??
          All the people who weren't upset about the bump stock ban now have this to look forward to...

And they'll all keep chanting about how NRA/POTUS/Republicans will stand up to more gun laws.

Comment

What is the difference?

[QUOTE=Artos;15148964]I wonder how this will affect other similar styled pistols??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't see much of a difference between this and the SBA3 Brace. Is there something else on this firearm that they are looking at?

Comment

Wonder why Q doesn’t offer a buy-back option or a way to get a tax stamp paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=all3lemmons;15149383]
                Originally posted by Artos View Post
                I wonder how this will affect other similar styled pistols??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't see much of a difference between this and the SBA3 Brace. Is there something else on this firearm that they are looking at?
                This is why I posted...just wanted everyone to be aware. I've never fondled one so can't make the comparison. If the mfg is confused & haven't been given a real reason.

Ironically, this gun was mentioned in the Brad Thor novel I was reading today called Near Dark & struck a chord.

Comment

All the people who weren't upset about the bump stock ban now have this to look forward to...

And they'll all keep chanting about how NRA/POTUS/Republicans will stand up to more gun laws.
                  so vote biden...he'll assist.

Comment

8 years of Obama had less effect on gun rights than 4 under the current administration. Keep those rose colored glasses on.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      Wonder why Q doesn’t offer a buy-back option or a way to get a tax stamp paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm wondering why they singled out Q and not one of the bigger manufacturers that make braced pistols. Or maybe they did and Q is the only one that has spoken up.

Comment

8 years of Obama had less effect on gun rights than 4 under the current administration. Keep those rose colored glasses on.
                        Too true!

Comment

Just another reason I have never gotten into the AR pistol game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like a rifle to me. Even the guy giving it a great review called it a rifle.

Comment

I'm wondering why they singled out Q and not one of the bigger manufacturers that make braced pistols. Or maybe they did and Q is the only one that has spoken up.
                              I am a Q fan, but all the people that Kevin Brittingham has ****** off in the gun industry might have something to do with it. Would not surprise me if some of the bigger gun manufacturers were tipping off the ATF. Kevin is an innovator, bigger gun companies are imitators.

Comment

Working...
                              X