“Muddy” brand cellular trail cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Muddy” brand cellular trail cam?

Anybody have one? I have the “manifest” model. Need help- what is the monthly cost, is it a good camera, can I put it in a low area like a valley Or brushy draw, or does it have to be up high, etc? Anything else I need to know? Thanks.

I pay $15 a month for unlimited through AT&T. So far its been a good camera. Battery life is about 3 weeks on 5sec delay / instant upload. Not sure about placing it in a low lying area.

Comment

I’ve got one. I pay the $15 a month for unlimited. I have it uploading 2x a day and it says battery life is still above 90% and it’s been out for 3 weeks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Saw them at Academy for $99 I believe. May have to try them out. I have been looking for a Tactacam Reveal but nothing available in AT&T model.

Comment

Does it alert you every time it takes a picture or do you have to wait until a certain amount of pictures are taken then it alerts you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            Does it alert you every time it takes a picture or do you have to wait until a certain amount of pictures are taken then it alerts you?
            You can customize when you want alerts. I have mine on hourly uploads, but you can do instant or daily too. I've been happy with mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas blogger hireessaywriter.onl

Originally Posted by ByronB

Saw them at Academy for $99 I believe. May have to try them out. I have been looking for a Tactacam Reveal but nothing available in AT&T model.

I've a Stealth Cam GXATW with an AT&T sim card. I'm glad I bought it on Black Friday. Thought about a Muddy MUD-VRZ first, but then received an email offer with a discount code and couldn't resist the temptation.

Comment

Love mine. I have it set on instant upload, 1 pic, highest resolution. Had it out since mid September and I've changed batteries once and still full charge on current batteries. Usually get the pictures appx 2-3 mins after they are taken.

It's not a reconyx, but also not priced like one.

Here's a day and a night picture.. the day pic I got just a few mins ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by hully1029; 12-03-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

BUy a Spartan, you will be glad you did.

Comment

I tried one, instantly regretted it. Just brought it back from the lease & going to return it. POS & waste of money. Customer service is an absolute joke, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bumping this up. I had a Muddy cam and it worked great from Aug - early Nov. Then it just stopped sending pics. I got the notification every time it took a pic but nothing would display in the app. I did all the updates, etc. and still wouldn't show in the app.

It still takes pics but you have to go pull the card to see them. Still looking for one that doesn't suck

Comment

I have one and with the Energizer Lithium batteries, the life was months long. It did ok sending the pics. I originally had it set up to send pics twice a day, that that was not too reliable. Once I updated it to send every 3 hours, it was much better though the battery life went faster. Not a bad option for a cellular camera. My favorite has been the Moultrie cameras. I have 2 7000i's that were more reliable than my Spy Point or Muddy. I just picked up the new Moultrie Delta, but haven't set it up yet. I have also heard great things about Tactacam Reveal cameras.

Comment

Spartan is trash. I’ve got the manifest and the answer to all your questions is yes except battery life on mine is a lot longer. $15 a month, good in low area, great pics, no problems after a year so far.

Comment

has anyone had issues with the 3rd green dot, the verify account dot?

when i turn the cam on it will go through all the lights and they are all green, but it wont send pics. when i push the "sync" button, the first 2 will turn green but the third one turns red.

i called them last wednesday, after an hour on hold, the guy told me they had some issues with verizon and that they needed to reset the software, which he could do, but that it might take 24hrs to work. i went back out on friday and got the same thing, and it was after hours for customer service.

on the app the camera and account show to be active. i removed the camera from my app and reinstalled it, still didnt work.

currently sitting on hold again, going on 15mins, just wanted to see if any of you guys have had this issue?

i have had 2 of these for about a year now and they both have worked great until last week, the other one is still working as it should.

Comment

I deleted and reinstalled the app for my cam and now it works. All my old pics are in the app still. It's been sitting out for a couple of weeks and no issues, aside from apparently nothing walking past it.

No issues with sync or getting all 3 green lights to come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X