Moving to Mont Belvieu area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mont Belvieu

It’s a great place to live with great schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogwild84 View Post
      you better call me first before you sale your house, I may want it (even though I just built a pool and shop...) By the way, I live next door to Sam, I have the gray f250.

Poor Clay living next to Sam... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
        Well it started as a 1 room schoolhouse, dirt roads and a hand drawn ferry across old river. Our old place started with a team of mules and 13 acres on the banks of Old River right where it empties into Old River Lake.

More people moved. in It still wasnt anything but rice or marsh. Tallow trees didnt exist in the United States. It all got worked with teams of mules. Once tractors came on the scene the soybeans were planted as cover crops to build soil then plowed under.

It really started going down hill when they built the interstate in the 50's and split our farm. Abandoned the old home place on the edge of the river (crawfish hideaway location) for the new one to the west. Even more people moved in.

A market for soybeans developed and they got cut and sold in addition to the rice. More people moved in.

In the 90s the rice market went to shiat. More people moved in. Sold the farm land in the late 90s. It has since been developed and more people moved in.

Sold the last place the family farm operated from in 2015 or so when hwy 99 construction ruined it. Grandma finally got her a nice new house that they didnt even have to build themselves this time. She got to enjoy it 4 years or so before she passed. They finally knocked the old box blind down a few months ago after working around it for the last year.

It was all really nice all those years of rice farming, growing up with room to run and do whatever you wanted.

We sure wish all those people would have never moved in. It was a lot nicer before they showed up. Is that how you remember it?

Still live in the area. Most of us are family and neighbors still just like on the farm. We just have a whole lot of stragers living next to us also.
        You must be a Foster. I noticed they final took the stand down at 99

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Warren Gas used to look down at Enterprise's little facility. Now, Enterprise looks down at little old Targa I bet your dad misses the Warren Gas days.

The old mayor Lonnie Follis worked at the Galena Park facility with me years ago.
          Boy does he. We used to have company Christmas parties in the lab and I could drive into the plant and have lunch with dad in the control room whenever I wanted to. Things have certainly changed. He likes Targa and they have been good to him but its not what it once was. Enterprise is a beast for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
            You must be a Foster. I noticed they final took the stand down at 99
            Yep, cracked me up how they worked around it for so long.

Many many deer took their last breath on that field edge from all sorts of bullets and broadheads. I miss that free easy hunting. Id get a 10 point every year and fill all my other tags also. Wouldnt be anything to have 20 to 30 deer out there every afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
              Imo Barbers Hill is what Deer Park was a couple decades ago. We lived in Deer Park for 30 plus years prior to retirement. You see some Interesting looking individuals walking Center Steet these days.
              Born and raised in Dp, still not near as bad as most places. Still outstanding schools and athletics. But you are correct, it is not what it once was.

Comment

Get a travel trailer and live where you want. If you don't like the neighbors, move. Leasing an apt, you're stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
                  Poor Clay living next to Sam... lol
                  thanks for feeling my pain

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                    Born and raised in Dp, still not near as bad as most places. Still outstanding schools and athletics. But you are correct, it is not what it once was.
                    I understand and agree, we still have friends that live there and visit on occasion. I just haven’t adjusted to seeing those hood rats walking around. They use to stay in the sewers.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                      I never said everyone from Baytown was trash. Just saying if you get into most of the apartments in Baytown then your going to deal with it.

I’m from Anahuac and it’s not all pleasant either. We’re actually going to move back that way soon.
                      I should have put lol or something. I agree with you. I don't know of an apartment complex in Baytown that I would live in now. Luckily I am away from most and not in a neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Yep, cracked me up how they worked around it for so long.

Many many deer took their last breath on that field edge from all sorts of bullets and broadheads. I miss that free easy hunting. Id get a 10 point every year and fill all my other tags also. Wouldnt be anything to have 20 to 30 deer out there every afternoon.
                        Me and a buddy were just talking about that stand the other day. I used to know some of the Lawrence's before they moved off, we lived on blood road.

Comment

We just moved into the Plantation last year. GREAT neighborhood to raise kids with a private boat ramp.!

Comment

Preciate all the help!

Comment

Working...
                            X