No announcement yet.

Moving to Mont Belvieu area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have any questions about the area feel free to call or text 281-455-0211.

Comment

I am also looking in the area. My dad has worked on the hill for 37 years are what is Targa now. I know that the town is not the same town from yesteryear but I think the community does try to keep the small town charm in every way they can. Barbers Hill is cliquish, you have been warned. It doesn't bother me because I can usually get along with anyone but its a very us vs them mentality sometimes. For me the benefits of great schools and proximity to Houston and family outweigh the negatives. I grew up in Huffman so I am already familiar with the politics of small towns.

Comment

I've been here for 36 years, my wife is a native. So we have seen the changes!!

My son has a home for rent in the MB area..Check it out

Mont Belvieu Home

Comment

Great police department and very very low crime rate.

Comment

Live in Deer Park and drive to MB...

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
              Eaglebrook is right in the middle of MB and a good spot to be if your working close by. I'm sure they might be a little more than apartments in Baytown, but if you want a better location with a lot less riff raff then stay in MB.
              If you are looking for a rent house reach out to the Remax office on eagle drive. They have a lot of good realtors.
              Riff-Raff? I resemble that remark.

Pinehurst 1 and 2 usually have a few houses for rent available. The traffic on 146 itself can be bad at times, but bearable.
              Moving to BH and you are required to wear the blue BH T-shirts and hold your pinkie out when you drink your Latte.

Comment

A couple of brand new apartment complexes on Kilgore pkwy. You can see Mont Belvieu probably from the second floor. Good luck with your re-location. Rent for awhile as you learn more about the area.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                  Live in Deer Park and drive to MB...
                  Imo Barbers Hill is what Deer Park was a couple decades ago. We lived in Deer Park for 30 plus years prior to retirement. You see some Interesting looking individuals walking Center Steet these days.

Comment

Check out the Banana Bend Bowbenders archery club in that area. They have some decent 3d shoots to keep your skills sharp. Just bring your rubber boots.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      Imo Barbers Hill is what Deer Park was a couple decades ago. We lived in Deer Park for 30 plus years prior to retirement. You see some Interesting looking individuals walking Center Steet these days.
                      You are 100% correct about that! I work in Deer park and no way would I live there.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        You’re correct. We are from deer park.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                          I am also looking in the area. My dad has worked on the hill for 37 years are what is Targa now. I know that the town is not the same town from yesteryear but I think the community does try to keep the small town charm in every way they can. Barbers Hill is cliquish, you have been warned. It doesn't bother me because I can usually get along with anyone but its a very us vs them mentality sometimes. For me the benefits of great schools and proximity to Houston and family outweigh the negatives. I grew up in Huffman so I am already familiar with the politics of small towns.
                          Warren Gas used to look down at Enterprise's little facility. Now, Enterprise looks down at little old Targa I bet your dad misses the Warren Gas days.

The old mayor Lonnie Follis worked at the Galena Park facility with me years ago.

Comment

If your looking for rental property I would suggest Baytown area. If you have school age kids then MB is good but not what it was when my kids went there. You may even want to look in Liberty county for a rent house.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                              Riff-Raff? I resemble that remark.

Pinehurst 1 and 2 usually have a few houses for rent available. The traffic on 146 itself can be bad at times, but bearable.
                              Moving to BH and you are required to wear the blue BH T-shirts and hold your pinkie out when you drink your Latte.
                              I never said everyone from Baytown was trash. Just saying if you get into most of the apartments in Baytown then your going to deal with it.

I’m from Anahuac and it’s not all pleasant either. We’re actually going to move back that way soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                                I never said everyone from Baytown was trash. Just saying if you get into most of the apartments in Baytown then your going to deal with it.

I’m from Anahuac and it’s not all pleasant either. We’re actually going to move back that way soon.
                                you better call me first before you sale your house, I may want it (even though I just built a pool and shop...) By the way, I live next door to Sam, I have the gray f250.

Comment

Working...
                                X