Moving to Mont Belvieu area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Mont Belvieu area help

Will be moving to Mont Belvieu area soon for work. Was just curious if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on where to live in the Mont Belvieu area. I’ve looked at Eaglebrook apartments and Ravella apartments but didn’t know if those were good spots to be or not. I’ve also looked at Zillow to see if any houses for rent are available. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eaglebrook is right in the middle of MB and a good spot to be if your working close by. I'm sure they might be a little more than apartments in Baytown, but if you want a better location with a lot less riff raff then stay in MB.
    If you are looking for a rent house reach out to the Remax office on eagle drive. They have a lot of good realtors.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
      Eaglebrook is right in the middle of MB and a good spot to be if your working close by. I'm sure they might be a little more than apartments in Baytown, but if you want a better location with a lot less riff raff then stay in MB.
      If you are looking for a rent house reach out to the Remax office on eagle drive. They have a lot of good realtors.
      Thank you sir!

Comment

Depends what ya wanna do, if you have a family ect. I worked in Mont Belvieu for years but lived in Houston. Found the apartments to be the same price and the drive wasn't bad. I also had 14 days off a month though and didn't want to be bored. If I ever work there again I'm sure I'll buy in the area though. Houses are expensive there.

Comment

Don’t let CSanders confuse (on accident of course) but you can live in Baytown but be in Mont Belvieu...some places in Baytown are closer to being Mont Belvieu than Mont Belvieu is

Comment

There are some houses for rent in my neighborhood. I'm in Pinehurst II, about 2 miles south of I10 on sh146.
            Lesto!!

Comment

I second Pinehurst. Lived there for 7 years and work in Mont Belvieu. I moved about a 1/4 of a mile down the road to Tanglewilde and have about a 10 minute commute to work if i hit the light at I10.

Comment

My sister lives there as well as a couple of co-workers. Great schools and is developing like crazy. I know one has had a lot of problems from the house he bought from Anglia homes, might be a builder to avoid.

Comment

You know if you do not move to "Barbers Hill" you will be considered 2nd tier

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    You know if you do not move to "Barbers Hill" you will be considered 2nd tier

These are the facts. Never understood it really, I mean until recently all they had was 2 dollar stores, a pizza hut, and thriftee. Oh and a heck of a good golf course! I will say that lol

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                      These are the facts. Never understood it really, I mean until recently all they had was 2 dollar stores, a pizza hut, and thriftee. Oh and a heck of a good golf course! I will say that lol

I wish that was all we still had. People started moving here for the small town feel, then want to change it to the area they left.

Freshman still go through initiation every year with parent oversight and approval.

You can drive by the high school and see Texas and American flags flying in the beds of trucks.

Comment

Can’t stop progress just help guide it in the right direction by staying involved.

Comment

I can tell you one thing! Impressive growth with highly regarded school system...........lots of taxes being collected from the refinery business! Congrats on the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
                            I wish that was all we still had. People started moving here for the small town feel, then want to change it to the area they left.

Freshman still go through initiation every year with parent oversight and approval.

You can drive by the high school and see Texas and American flags flying in the beds of trucks.

Well it started as a 1 room schoolhouse, dirt roads and a hand drawn ferry across old river. Our old place started with a team of mules and 13 acres on the banks of Old River right where it empties into Old River Lake.

More people moved. in It still wasnt anything but rice or marsh. Tallow trees didnt exist in the United States. It all got worked with teams of mules. Once tractors came on the scene the soybeans were planted as cover crops to build soil then plowed under.

It really started going down hill when they built the interstate in the 50's and split our farm. Abandoned the old home place on the edge of the river (crawfish hideaway location) for the new one to the west. Even more people moved in.

A market for soybeans developed and they got cut and sold in addition to the rice. More people moved in.

In the 90s the rice market went to shiat. More people moved in. Sold the farm land in the late 90s. It has since been developed and more people moved in.

Sold the last place the family farm operated from in 2015 or so when hwy 99 construction ruined it. Grandma finally got her a nice new house that they didnt even have to build themselves this time. She got to enjoy it 4 years or so before she passed. They finally knocked the old box blind down a few months ago after working around it for the last year.

It was all really nice all those years of rice farming, growing up with room to run and do whatever you wanted.

We sure wish all those people would have never moved in. It was a lot nicer before they showed up. Is that how you remember it?

Still live in the area. Most of us are family and neighbors still just like on the farm. We just have a whole lot of stragers living next to us also.
                            Last edited by Lungbustr; 09-15-2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

We love the Mont Belvieu/Barbers Hill area. Low tax rate and excellent schools. Yes it is growing too fast but it is what it is. Great place to raise kids (for now), hopefully it stays that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X