Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford...6th edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got back from our work weekend on Monday and dang it was hot Saturday and Sunday. The front that blew down as we were wrapping things up Sunday PM brought gusts to 50 mph and it got western pretty quickly. But got to put our cameras out for 3 days before pulling cards, got all of our work done, no injuries and enjoyed plenty of good food and brown water so it was a success.

Below are a few pics we got over the three days, any thoughts on what the clean 10 may score would be appreciated...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mr. buck; 08-22-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Wow nice bucks

Comment

Really nice bucks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome bucks there And I’m going to say the 10 is around 148
          Last edited by Hoss163; 08-23-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. The 10 certainly lacks mass but hoping he can hit 150" on his frame being deceptively large. His ears totally out and his rack still way outside them and the going away pic flatters as they generally do. Headed back out Labor Day weekend to hopefully pop a few dove. Will pull trail cams again and should have a few more bucks to post up...

Comment

Bucks are really hitting the feed right now!

Bring on dove season! It’s time folks!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                Got back from our work weekend on Monday and dang it was hot Saturday and Sunday. The front that blew down as we were wrapping things up Sunday PM brought gusts to 50 mph and it got western pretty quickly. But got to put our cameras out for 3 days before pulling cards, got all of our work done, no injuries and enjoyed plenty of good food and brown water so it was a success.

Below are a few pics we got over the three days, any thoughts on what the clean 10 may score would be appreciated...

That 10 will push 160

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                  Bucks are really hitting the feed right now!

Bring on dove season! It’s time folks!

Good looking bucks. The last one is very mature.

Comment

Great pics guys, the herd looks pretty healthy this year! 2011 and 2013 were so bad, but since them its been a pretty prolonged period of above normal rain for most of the area by calendar year.

Looks like we may get some pretty good rainfall in front of Labor Day wknd, which is par for the course. As my old boss use to say, "not sure whats busted more droughts, the dove opener or fat chics!"

Comment

Big fires all around our Shackelford Co place this past weekend. Lightning strikes.
                      We got lucky again, but the fire conditions are extreme this year.

Lots of fawns are showing up. Probably an 80% fawn crop for us. We are changing it up this year and not running early season cams, to make it all a surprise.

Comment

This weekend was all about food plots! Mowed, plowed, and sprayed approximately 5 acres.

Ground is looking good, and we are praying for the rain that is in the forecast.

The herd is looking good, and we found a nice surprise also, thank you to whomever killed this pig!

Didn’t even have time to bird hunt (numbers appear to be really low)!

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                          Yes sir ! 44 lbs

That fish looks heavier. Impressive.

Comment

I hunted over by Moran for about 12 years. The old man asked that we only pay for the electricity that we used. It was only about $200 a year. Stock tank full of cat, 350 acres of wooded terrain and neighbors too. Lots of deer, hog, turkey, dove, squirrel. Then the old man died and we had to leave. Thats where i learned about hunting and fell in love with the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                              This weekend was all about food plots! Mowed, plowed, and sprayed approximately 5 acres.

Ground is looking good, and we are praying for the rain that is in the forecast.

The herd is looking good, and we found a nice surprise also, thank you to whomever killed this pig!

Didn’t even have time to bird hunt (numbers appear to be really low)!

Good looking deer, bird numbers are terrible!

Comment

Going to make a run to our place in Coleman co next weekend to put out cams fill feeders, maybe shoot a few birds and maybe do some fishing

Comment

Working...
                                X