The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    Sorry, I didn’t read through the whole thread to try and see if someone’s already answered but Colorado regs say:

If you bone out the animal, how do you leave the skull attached to the carcass? Take the spinal column?

In CO, You can’t, if you go to qtr they don’t care about antlers in an any bull unit. Leave twig and berries attached to meat(qtr or deboned), and you are Golden, don’t forget carcass tagging
    Last edited by Texans42; 08-06-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      In CO, You can’t, if you go to qtr they don’t care about antlers in an any bull unit. Leave twig and berries attached to meat(qtr or deboned), and you are Golden, don’t forget carcass tagging
      Could I leave them attached to the hide? I work extra hard to keep my meat clean and minimize hair. It would seem counter productive to toss a pair of nads in with it.

Comment

Could I leave them attached to the hide? I work extra hard to keep my meat clean and minimize hair. It would seem counter productive to toss a pair of nads in with it.
        No

From CPW

Colorado law states that evidence of the sex must be naturally attached to a major portion of the meat. This means part of the skin must remain attached to the meat portion and to either the udder (cow/doe) or penis/testicles

Comment

It can be attached to hide if hide is still on meat.

Honestly it’s doesn’t shed a lot of hair and if you where very surgical it doesn’t say twig berries have to have hide on them. So technically you could skin them out. The urethra is basically attached to qtr Under skin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
            It can be attached to hide if hide is still on meat.

Honestly it’s doesn’t shed a lot of hair and if you where very surgical it doesn’t say twig berries have to have hide on them. So technically you could skin them out. The urethra is basically attached to qtr Under skin anyway.
            I guess that’s true. Thanks.

Comment

It’s also possible to skin the sack and leave the nuts attached to the quarter. You don’t want to mess it up and cut them off but if you take a few seconds you can have skin/hair free proof of sex still attached.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a last minute hunt! It is a great ranch and I can't wait to go back.

Comment

We simply leave them attached to a hind quarter and skin them out. Make Rocky Mountain Oysters when you get home, it's good luck for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    We simply leave them attached to a hind quarter and skin them out. Make Rocky Mountain Oysters when you get home, it's good luck for next year!
                    Reminds me of that episode:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUvQHYc3K0"]Joe Rogan Meets Tyrone Biggums on “Fear Factor” - Chappelle’s Show - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Well I bought a OTC elk tag today.. I should be hunting with the Born and Raised guys for 5-6 days in early September and then Ill head back up solo end of season if we dont kill one..

Comment

Slide the jewels into a big ziplock baggie and tape/tie it so it doesn’t fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Slide the jewels into a big ziplock baggie and tape/tie it so it doesn’t fall off.

Big No! You CAN NOT remove proof of sex, then put them in a bag to reattach.

Comment

Correct, they must be attached.

Comment

He probably means to keep the hair off the meat. Put the jewels in a bag and tie it off. Leaving it attached to the hind quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                Well I bought a OTC elk tag today.. I should be hunting with the Born and Raised guys for 5-6 days in early September and then Ill head back up solo end of season if we dont kill one..
                                Nice! Pretty cool opportunity there.

Comment

Working...
                                X