No announcement yet.

Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened to catch qualifying for tomorrow’s race & Mercedes is on fire...ham & bot both set new track records With third 1.5sec behind pole sitters time. Getting close to 200mph on the big straight.

Comment

The lap times are getting crazy, granted they aren't doing those during the race. I couldn't believe how much faster they were than an indycar at the track in austin, the driver looked pretty winded after qualy today I'm sure the G forces are nuts, it makes you wonder how much faster they can continue to go before they start having driver black out like what happened with CART at texas motor speedway in 2001.

Comment

Here we GEAUX!!!![emoji2957]
        Silverstone is gonna be wild. I hate Hulkenbergs car wont fire properly as he held his own in the qualifying after sitting at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whew!!!!![emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957] That was freakin incredible!!!!

Comment

Those guys know more than I ever will, but why in the wild wild world of sports did 2nd place pit knowing hams tire was out?? Surely staying on the track with only 1-2 laps to go makes more time than stopping for new rubber??

He ended up what...5 seconds behind??

Comment

I don’t think he had blown his tire yet. However, I still don’t understand why put him with 1 lap left. He had such a large buffet, just take it easy the last lap. Max should have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That Red Bull pit stop seemed absurd.
                I heard Max say the decision was to get new tires and go for fastest lap, which results in 1 point. And they got it..

But had Red Bull not capitulated and stayed out, they would have won the dang race.

Comment

Absolutely!

I don’t recall ever watching a race where the winner came across the finish line with a flat tire and sparks flying! Very dramatic final 3-4 laps.

Comment

For sure Hams tire was out when they called the pit...he was only 4-5 seconds behind at the flag so it was definitely a bizarre call that allowed for a 6th win for ham at the brit prix.

Comment

.......so tired of MB winning.........

Dont like Max but sure wanted him to win yesterday

Watching MB win virtually every week is like watching Alabama beat Auburn year after year......
                      Last edited by wellingtontx; 08-03-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The red bull cars tire had 50 cuts in it on that last stop, he likely would have had a blown tire that last lap too, there was debris on the track they missed https://racer.com/2020/08/03/verstap...at-final-stop/ He stopped to get fastest lap and the points that go with it, they don't refuel so at the end of the race the cars are the lightest/fastest they are all race. I never thought I would enjoy formula racing more than nascar but this year so far I have, it was crazy watching the lead go from 30 seconds to 5 in half a lap, those spaceship cars are nuts!
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 08-03-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, when Verstappen boxed only Bottas had blown a tire. Hamilton noted on live F1 feed something must have been on the track as it suddenly went flat. Redbull just made the call for fastest lap a few moments too soon......but it was the right move not knowing the very near future! Not sure about the football analogy "Auburn versus Alabama" however. That trend has changed alot also.....only a 9 game gap. Reminds me of how Ferrari always took the checkered flag.....days gone by as the competition grows! Mercedes is running flat out from practice rounds, qualifying and race day. F1 aint messing around.

Comment

@bossbowman - thanks for the link to the article. Now it makes a whole lot more sense.

Yes, MB is completely dominating right now, but this is very cyclical. Over the years, I have seen the same from McLaren, then Williams, then Ferrari, then Red Bull.

I’m rooting for either McLaren or Ferrari!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm rooting for anyone but ham as it's tiring seeing the same person on the pole & top of the podium...the chap has a ton of driving talent & strong machine.

Comment

I am soooo ready for P1 to start Friday!!![emoji964][emoji964][emoji964]

Comment

Working...
                                X