X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Glad I talked myself out of that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. They don't even advertise that deal anymore.

Comment

Is the CCA logo on the mane plate? Not that that matters, but it was in their description.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Hell no! I think I’d want the advertised gun or a refund.

Maybe that “limited time” part got ya.

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Glad I talked myself out of that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        That's just a scam. Keep us posted.
        Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        send me a pm with your email. I'll forward you the document CCA sent me when I asked about what gun it would be. She highlighted the specific model on their sheet from weatherby and said it was for all of 2020.

Glad I talked myself out of it when covid hit
        Originally posted by hog_down View Post
        Definately keep us updated, I was looking hard at that one too.
        Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Marketing 101....sucker born every minute.
        Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        That is clearly a gun that has an MSRP half of what was advertised. Not right.
        Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        Unfortunately, the ad states "can receive" not "will receive"...

I agree this is extremely shady practice. I would be lighting them up via social, phone, email, etc...
        Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Same here. They don't even advertise that deal anymore.
        Simple mistake. OP will get the correct gun. It is not a scam, but a good deal on life membership and a very nice rifle. Weatherby is a great, family owned company and has been a great partner for CCA.
        Last edited by El General; 07-30-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Simple mistake. OP will get the correct gun. It is not a scam, but a good deal on life membership and a very nice rifle.
          I know the CCA is a stand up organization, not perfect in everyone's eyes but every time I defend them, no one can mention a better organization. Just stop the girlie bitc&^%4.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            I don't agree with everything CCA does, but it does far more for the angler than anyone else and they do fight for us against commercial lobbyist.
            Not in Louisiana it doesn't. It's restriction after restriction supported by CCA with zero evidence for said restrictions. When they dropped the trout limit from 25 to 10 even the state biologist said there was no scientific reason for the reduction. The guides fought for it so they could get off the water sooner and CCA was lock step with them. As far as the red snapper regs? CCA Louisiana made nary a peep. They didn't even show their face in Baton Rouge to represent the recreational fisherman. Perhaps things are better in Texas but CCA has screwed the pooch over here. They lost a huge portion of donors here with their antics.
            Last edited by Duckologist; 07-30-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I know the CCA is a stand up organization, not perfect in everyone's eyes but every time I defend them, no one can mention a better organization. Just stop the girlie bitc&^%4.

SH
              The IGFA is a nonprofit committed to conservating of game fish, promoting ethical angling practices through science, education, records and recognition.

Comment

I know the CCA is a stand up organization, not perfect in everyone's eyes but every time I defend them, no one can mention a better organization. Just stop the bitc&^%4.

SH
                I agree.

I have been a local chapter board member for four different chapters since I was in college. My father was the president of CCA Texas for six years until he passed away. I know most of the people that run CCA Texas from the executive director down, the National President of CCA, and the volunteers that run the organization. One and all, they are fisherman like many of us and just want to leave the resource better than they found it.

I understand that people disagree with some of their policies, and I don't know how things are run in other states, but they are just trying to protect the resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Not in Louisiana it doesn't. It's restriction after restriction supported by CCA with zero evidence for said restrictions. When they dropped the trout limit from 25 to 10 even the state biologist said there was no scientific reason for the reduction. The guides fought for it so they could get off the water sooner and CCA was lock step with them. As far as the red snapper regs? CCA Louisiana made nary a peep. They didn't even show their face in Baton Rouge to represent the recreational fisherman. Perhaps things are better in Texas but CCA has screwed the pooch over here. They lost a huge portion of donors here with their antics.
                  The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is responsible for managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. The department issues hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses, as well as boat titles and registrations.

Louisiana trout are on the decline.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/page/spotted-seatrout

Louisiana trout are on the decline.
                    The change I discussed occurred many years ago and I use it as an example of CCA Louisiana's ineptitude. The decline in trout is directly attributed to allowing the oystermen to use dredges again destroying the reefs in our local lakes. That was 1 example of many I shared. Look fellas as I said, perhaps CCA Texas has their ducks in a row. I do not know as I am not a resident. All I can speak for is CCA Louisiana and I will not donate my hard earned money to have my outdoor activities limited for no good reason. IE, biological and stock assessment studies. The triple tail limits were basically due to one guy on the state commission that saw a pic of a bunch of triple tail on the deck of someone's boat. They sited some non-peer reviewed study out of Mississippi and did zero research and zero stock assessments in our state. I'm glad you fellas are happy with CCA Texas, but I and hundreds like me are done with em over here.

Comment

Typical bait and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        The change I discussed occurred many years ago and I use it as an example of CCA Louisiana's ineptitude. The decline in trout is directly attributed to allowing the oystermen to use dredges again destroying the reefs in our local lakes. That was 1 example of many I shared. Look fellas as I said, perhaps CCA Texas has their ducks in a row. I do not know as I am not a resident. All I can speak for is CCA Louisiana and I will not donate my hard earned money to have my outdoor activities limited for no good reason. IE, biological and stock assessment studies. The triple tail limits were basically due to one guy on the state commission that saw a pic of a bunch of triple tail on the deck of someone's boat. They sited some non-peer reviewed study out of Mississippi and did zero research and zero stock assessments in our state. I'm glad you fellas are happy with CCA Texas, but I and hundreds like me are done with em over here.
                        Oyster dredges are a big problem. Is oyster farming legal in Louisiana? It recently became legal here and I hope that might help take the pressure off of the oysters in Texas. Reefs in Galveston bay were decimated by Ike and Rita and by oyster dredges in many other bay systems.

I was listening to a podcast with a guide from Big Lake and he mentioned something about dredging being a problem for reefs and trout populations there.

Comment

Oyster dredges are a big problem. Is oyster farming legal in Louisiana? It recently became legal here and I hope that might help take the pressure off of the oysters in Texas. Reefs in Galveston bay were decimated by Ike and Rita and by oyster dredges in many other bay systems.

I was listening to a podcast with a guide from Big Lake and he mentioned something about dredging being a problem for reefs and trout populations there.
                          I do have a problem with Oyster harvesting and I have spoken with a CCA rep regarding my concern and he convinced me that CCA is doing all it can, working with TPW and oyster license buyback. I would like to see a stamp for saltwater fishing to increase the funds to buyback more licenses. But, it has to have a sunset clause built in. I have no knowledge anything Louisana.

SH

Comment

Simple mistake. OP will get the correct gun. It is not a scam, but a good deal on life membership and a very nice rifle. Weatherby is a great, family owned company and has been a great partner for CCA.
                            Hopefully the simple mistake only happened this one time.

Comment

I do have a problem with Oyster harvesting and I have spoken with a CCA rep regarding my concern and he convinced me that CCA is doing all it can, working with TPW and oyster license buyback. I would like to see a stamp for saltwater fishing to increase the funds to buyback more licenses. But, it has to have a sunset clause built in. I have no knowledge anything Louisana.

SH
                              I don't think funding is the issue. The license holder has to want to sell it. I know shrimp license buyback was fully funded something like 10 years ago, so I doubt that money is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Hopefully the simple mistake only happened this one time.
                                It was the first time this happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X