Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate wasps

Any anything else that stings

Took a hit to the eyelid by a red wasp this afternoon, demons were hiding down in a 6" pipe that the gate is chained to

Didn't swell completely shut but it hurt BAD

I got even though. After the Ibuprofen kicked in I killed them and 3 more nests I happened to find

I’ve always taken the “don’t bother me and I won’t bother you” stance on wasps......until this year. I was starting to have a full blown wasp farm around my place. They decided to build a nest in a large cedar box that sits on my front porch. When I’d walk up to go in the house, they’d hit me. Plus they were getting my dogs too when they were on the porch. I’d decided it was time to rain down death on them. I took out one nest in my shop that was the size of a paper plate. Got the ones on the porch. 3 more nests along the eves of the house. That foaming spray is the only way to go. They can’t come after you once you spray them with.

Comment

Ouch! Cant imagine getting hit on the eye lid! I got hammered by 6 or 8 of them the other day. But luckily because of my ninja like reflexes only 3 of them actually connected. Their nest didnt survive the attack either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got popped on my left bicep by a yella jacket Friday evening myself not long after the daughter and I climbed into the blind.

Only things I killed the rest of the weekend was time, wasps in various other blinds and a case or so of beer.

Comment

Had a U of H professor across the street and he told me he had never been stung by anything.
          How do you get 30 years old and not get hit. I hate Red Wasps.
          Honey bees a bit more than a mosquito bite. Had hives for 5 years.........

Comment

Thank goodness it didn’t actually hit your eye! It’s funny how some wasp nests aren’t too aggressive, others will tag you without provocation.

Comment

I got popped on the shoulder by one yesterday. I hate those suckers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                Thank goodness it didn’t actually hit your eye! It’s funny how some wasp nests aren’t too aggressive, others will tag you without provocation.

My grandad had horrible glaucoma in one of his eyes. Then one day, while mowing the grass, red wasp stung him right in his GOOD eye. Spent the last 5 years of his life **** near blind. That wasp completely took out that eye. It was dead. Nothing to mess around with.

Comment

Never had a red wasp to the eyelid but did have yellow jacket to the eye lid while dove hunting. Sat against an old fence post and out of the ground and post they care. Swole my eye almost shut and face a bit, but still managed to hit a limit. Now I kill them all, as I noticed I have a slight reaction and little more to red wasps.

Comment

I approach everything with the attitude that it has a wasp nest in it. I watch it for a minute then decide if I really need to pick it up. Hornets are the worst. I go through 3-6 bottles of wasp killer every year. I hate them!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      I’ve always taken the “don’t bother me and I won’t bother you” stance on wasps......until this year. I was starting to have a full blown wasp farm around my place. They decided to build a nest in a large cedar box that sits on my front porch. When I’d walk up to go in the house, they’d hit me. Plus they were getting my dogs too when they were on the porch. I’d decided it was time to rain down death on them. I took out one nest in my shop that was the size of a paper plate. Got the ones on the porch. 3 more nests along the eves of the house. That foaming spray is the only way to go. They can’t come after you once you spray them with.

This has always been my stance too but I got tired of getting stung. I figure they were the ones to break the deal.

The problem with wasp sprays is they do nothing to deter re-infestation. I've had good luck now with a demon/bifen mix. It helps deter them from returning but kills a lot of other things too. Dead bugs everywhere. I mean LOTS of dead bugs.

Comment

#MeToo
                        I turn into a baby back bee-otch around those little demons. For some reason they love to sting me

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          I approach everything with the attitude that it has a wasp nest in it. I watch it for a minute then decide if I really need to pick it up. Hornets are the worst. I go through 3-6 bottles of wasp killer every year. I hate them!
                          I'm allergic--------So, if it's ok with you...….
                          I'll just follow you around.....
                          Got hit, on the knee last year, trimming hedges...…
                          Made me sick for two days.....
                          I didn't use my epi-pen, cause my throat didn't close up....
                          hate'em……………………………..

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Any anything else that stings

Took a hit to the eyelid by a red wasp this afternoon, demons were hiding down in a 6" pipe that the gate is chained to

Didn't swell completely shut but it hurt BAD

I got even though. After the Ibuprofen kicked in I killed them and 3 more nests I happened to find
                            When I was in high school or early college, I remember leaving the ranch in Fisher Co. one day...I slammed the gate closed and when locking it, got bit on the neck. The next day, the same thing happened.

The third day, I figured out they were coming out of the angle pipe support on the gate, so I took my 12gu shotgun and blasted a shell up in there (STUPID kid) and a burnt shredded nest came rolling out. hahaha.

Not very wise, but I lived and learned without injury.

Comment

WD40 acts like a nerve agent on them and the nests. Ya never have wasp spray around when ya need it, but ya always have WD40
                              I try to leave pollinators alone, but there is a line that they cross there is no coming back from.
                              Hope you feel better soon BT.

Comment

Working...
                              X