2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    My cukes are crazy this year. I have a 10ft row of picklers that are doing well. I have a 10ft row of straight 8's that aren't. They were all planted the same day and all of the plants look the same. Straight 8's are even blooming but not putting on. They are all in the same bed. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. Guess I'll go 'masturbate' them
    I always planted Straight 8's, and they always did well. This year they are blooming like crazy, but not setting fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
      I always planted Straight 8's, and they always did well. This year they are blooming like crazy, but not setting fruit.
      Let me know if you solve the equation Never had a problem with strt 8's and always been steady/heavy producers. Not my favorite cuke but always dependable.

Comment

Need some ideas on how to keep squirrels off my tomatoes but I also do not want to scare birds from feeder... any suggestions or do in need to pick one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
          Need some ideas on how to keep squirrels off my tomatoes but I also do not want to scare birds from feeder... any suggestions or do in need to pick one or the other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AirGunKills-002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	24621234

Name:	AirGunKills-003.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	24621235

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            [ATTACH]1008099[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008100[/ATTACH]
            What the heck does that thing shoot... a laserbeam?

Comment

Picked a few tomatoes and all my corn.

Name:	IMG_4283.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	24621242

Name:	IMG_4280.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	24621243

Comment

Picked this one before the birds got to it. I'm pretty sure this is the biggest tomato that I've ever grown.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  What the heck does that thing shoot... a laserbeam?

25 grain pellets... PCP air gun... Also good for pig control...

Name:	IMG_4053.jpg
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	24621254

Comment

Picked a little bit yesterday. Beans are finished. Eggplant and peppers are just starting. And I have been picking about that amount of tomatoes every day or two.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I messed up planting bell peppers between my serranos and jalapeños. They’re quite a bit smaller than a normal bell and spicy as all get out! I’ve got a few bells comin in that are gettin to the size of a normal bell we’ll see if they’re the same. Wife wasn’t happy when she bit into that bell pepper lol. I’ve gotten 4 gallons of pickles a few gallons of okra, bunch of melons comin in, hole bunch of jalapeños and serranos and a ton of tomatoes out of our small garden this year.

Comment

Tomatoes are doing great. Peas are good but some of the peas have these small bygs. Anyone what these are.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe that those are aphids.

Comment

This was my first year trying Bonnie's Sweet Million cherry tomatoes. That one plant makes enough cherry tomatoes to feed a family daily and give some away also. You could start a cherry tomatoe business with just 10 of these plants. I don't know what nuclear material they used to make this strain..but man does it produce!

Comment

It’s free this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Peeled all of these tomatoes and put them in the freezer. Will can them and make salsa when the plants quit.

Made 3 different batches of pepper sauce or whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Working...
                                X