Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Smart;14896287]Hope so!![emoji41]

Air bags installed today with Humper... was much quicker and easier than I thought. Gonna help with those feed day overloads.

And my big boy step assist for getting into my bed. Gonna miss the 10” drop on my F350 RanchHand .

This is removable. I’ll leave it at the lease or store it in my bed if I get a cover. We fill a lot of our feeders from the bed of the truck so I need to get my big arse in. Eventually will get a wide stronger rear bumper too.

You guys installed the bags yourself and it wasn’t bad?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post

You guys installed the bags yourself and it wasn’t bad?

Not at all.. 1 hour to get the bags in, 15-20 minutes to run the hose to the schrader valve and mount. I have impact tools and electric ratchets so that sped it up some but the mounting went quickly. Humper had done his on his own Tundra so that helped as well.
      Last edited by Smart; 05-31-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Not at all.. 1 hour to get the bags in, 15-20 minutes to run the hose to the schrader valve and mount. I have impact tools and electric ratchets so that sped it up some but the mounting went quickly. Humper had done his on his own Tundra so that helped as well.

Jason did you install a single a header valve and tee to both bags or install separate valves for each bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Jason did you install a single a header valve and tee to both bags or install separate valves for each bag?

On the advice of Humper I ordered this to make it one valve. His came with his in 2013. Mine was a two valve system originally.

Air Lift 21838 Union Tee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F532PY..._Tx70Eb64AFVF9

Comment

Nicely tucked away from my big feet
            Replacing stock bumper so it won’t be there long but it will be for the next month and two lease trips while I decide.

Last edited by Smart; 05-31-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Do those bags replace the factory bump stops? Do they have a minimum air pressure rec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Do those bags replace the factory bump stops? Do they have a minimum air pressure rec?

Yes and yes... 10lbs min.

You just cut 3/4 of the bumpstop off with a sawzall or hackzall and the mount bracket bridges over the remainder.

Comment

Looking good Smart.

I did the underseat storage and also the airbags.

The airbags are amazing. Love them. I do need the “T” though. Been meaning to order it for a long while.

Comment

In case somebody wants to know why my OCD didn't have me mounting it a little further down away from the plug or centered between the two like the lack of symmetry OCD that drives me nuts suggested, lol, the metal framing under the plastic shroud had a 5/16" hole already there. All I had to do was punch a hole through the plastic part of it with a drill. Plus on this chincy bumper, with my size, the closer it is to that plug the less chance I have to thump it with my foot.......

Thanks TCF...I've seen them work wonders on my fellow lease members with half-tons on our rocky roads. I knew that was order #1 after a leveling kit. Corona had the original company I ordered them from 2-3 weeks behind on orders or I'd have had them on sooner. They didn't mention that until after they took my money. Amazon was $35 higher at the time of order. After 15 days and no answers as to when, I had them cancel my order and was going to pay the extra to get them before my lease trip next week. Clicked on Amazon and they were back to $299. Had them in two days. Sure wish Amazon would have been there 15 plus days ago.
                    Last edited by Smart; 05-31-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Dad had some and he found that the 10lb minimum made the empty ride rough, but he kept 5 in them with no ill effects.

I loved the ones on my old 4Runner, but they were a totally different setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Dad had some and he found that the 10lb minimum made the empty ride rough, but he kept 5 in them with no ill effects.

I loved the ones on my old 4Runner, but they were a totally different setup.

I had firestone air bags on a Dodge dually. I am pretty sure they called for 5 lbs.
                        Made a world of difference with a cab over camper in the bed.

Truck is looking good Smart.
                        Last edited by Rubi513; 05-31-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

On the advice of Humper I ordered this to make it one valve. His came with his in 2013. Mine was a two valve system originally.

Air Lift 21838 Union Tee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F532PY..._Tx70Eb64AFVF9

I ask because even though you won’t be towing at the limit but many guys on the RV towing forums say to do them independent. Reason being is when you corner with a load, the bag that the weight shifts to will “push” some of its air to the other bag and cause a dangerous body lean/roll situation.

Comment

I ask because even though you won’t be towing at the limit but many guys on the RV towing forums say to do them independent. Reason being is when you corner with a load, the bag that the weight shifts to will “push” some of its air to the other bag and cause a dangerous body lean/roll situation.

Interesting. Never thought of that, but makes sense.

Comment

Also, I found that a regular old bicycle pump was a lot more convenient than an electric compressor.

I did dig up a compressor to plug into the trailer light plug for power, and that was nice. But the bike pump was just simpler.

Comment

Awesome.. thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                X