No announcement yet.

New boot recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two go to boots are Georgia work boots and Red Wing.

Comment

Another vote for Red Wing.

Comment

I just swapped to Thorogood from redwings. New one have the wedge sole . The new one are amazingly comfortable

Comment

Red Wing or Danner

Comment

Check out Thorogood boots also. I’ve been through a lot of boots and these have held up the best and it’s not close really. They are also American made.
            Last edited by Jcjohnson; 05-31-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              Check out Thorogood boots also. I’ve been through a lot of boots and these have held up the best and it’s not close really. They are also American made.

Been on the fence about trying a pair, guess I’ll have to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man........this is a very difficult subject......my ariat's are the most comfortable for my primary job- ER doc, on my feet for 12-24hrs at a time. I also work my family's ranch and in the saddle I prefer some high heeled Justin boot's that I sure as hell wouldn't wear for a 24hr shift in the ER. I'm also an infantry doctor in the Army so I wear lace up boots as well. So what are you doing daily? Do you need a cowboy boot or a sneaker that looks like a cowboy boot?

Comment

Thorogoods. Worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                    I wear Ariat lace Cascade work boots. On my second set now and they are great
                    Extremely good boot here... I beat the crap out of mine in the mud, water, dust..etc and they hold up excellent. Slip ons are garbage for walking.

Ugly as sin but whites smoke jumpers are fantastic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post

And ya can also send them in had have them rebuilt if need be .

Comment

I suggest having two pair of quality (redwing, dinner, thorogood, Justin, etc) work boots and rotate every other day. You'll still have to deal with wearing out soles but it does the leather a whole lot of good to dry out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                          Man........this is a very difficult subject......my ariat's are the most comfortable for my primary job- ER doc, on my feet for 12-24hrs at a time. I also work my family's ranch and in the saddle I prefer some high heeled Justin boot's that I sure as hell wouldn't wear for a 24hr shift in the ER. I'm also an infantry doctor in the Army so I wear lace up boots as well. So what are you doing daily? Do you need a cowboy boot or a sneaker that looks like a cowboy boot?
                          I'm looking for cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by atorres View Post
                            I'm looking for cowboy
                            For cowboy work, this is what I wear and they will last. Leather soles. Tall uppers, solid heel. These are Justin’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                              For cowboy work, this is what I wear and they will last. Leather soles. Tall uppers, solid heel. These are Justin’s.

I'm using em for all around work too. Last pair of Justin's I had did not do it for me

Comment

Working...
                              X