Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Heck yeah! He looks dried out in that picture!!

Even got Craig in the background!
    Yea, he eventually dried out...it took a while for me to stop laughing so that I could pull him back in the boat LOL! He is definitely a good fisherman and a great sidekick but graceful he is not! I was proud he didn’t let go of his rod and didn’t lose his sunglasses or flip flops 🤣 Craig loaded right behind us and Clay was just before us.

Saltwater Stalker that is actually the worst fish cleaning station on Palestine...it could be improved with some rock, it’s a mud hole around it. The villages is better (you don’t have to haul off the guts there) and I have heard there is one up north at Westbury Landing that is even better.

Comment

I booked a guided trip with Slew for my son's graduation. We went to Lake Fork, but delayed the trip for an hour to let some thunderstorms pass by before launching. The forecast called for 8-10 mph, but we had 15-20 mph all day. Because of the high winds, he wasn't able to fish where he had planned to. We culled most crappie that were shorter than 12" and still cleaned about 47. Todd's a great guy, and he definitely knows how to find and catch crappie. We fished standing timber using Garmin Livescope, which is awesome. We were glad to be in his sweet Ranger, it handled the white caps and rollers great. Logan and I are both fried, we used sun screen, but should have reapplied it several more times during the day. Anyone looking for a crappie guide in NE TX should contact Todd.

I'll post a picture or two from my laptop, since I don't have Tap-a-crap Pro anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are a few pictures. As you can see both Logan and I have not been able to get haircuts since the Covid-19 junk a couple of months ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

Got enough for a small fish fry this time.
          Pontoon boats are thick as the hair on a dogs back right now. I'm praying most of them boys dont know how to fish cause if they do crappie are gonna be endangered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            I booked a guided trip with Slew for my son's graduation. We went to Lake Fork, but delayed the trip for an hour to let some thunderstorms pass by before launching. The forecast called for 8-10 mph, but we had 15-20 mph all day. Because of the high winds, he wasn't able to fish where he had planned to. We culled most crappie that were shorter than 12" and still cleaned about 47. Todd's a great guy, and he definitely knows how to find and catch crappie. We fished standing timber using Garmin Livescope, which is awesome. We were glad to be in his sweet Ranger, it handled the white caps and rollers great. Logan and I are both fried, we used sun screen, but should have reapplied it several more times during the day. Anyone looking for a crappie guide in NE TX should contact Todd.

I'll post a picture or two from my laptop, since I don't have Tap-a-crap Pro anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
            Thanks again! Hope y’all enjoy your fish fry tomorrow! Beat up on some lake Fork crappie again on today’s trip. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and cooking ribs! The wind was a repeat of yesterday almost! March winds in May!! Dang! Them little Richland chambers crappie better look out next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              Here are a few pictures. As you can see both Logan and I have not been able to get haircuts since the Covid-19 junk a couple of months ago.

Man! I can't believe how much Logan has grown!

And I wouldn't have recognized ya with that long hair Keith.

Comment

I turned a trip down for Monday while I was cleaning fish Sunday! I shoulda took em. Looked like weather was gonna be terrible with high winds and storms so I told em I was gonna relax at home and cook some ribs! That didn't happen at all!

I cleaned out gutters, patched drywall, moved furniture, my mean old lady had me hopping all day! Wished I was on the lake!

Looking at my calendar this morning I have June 13, 21, 27-28 available and a could work a couple weekdays into the mix. Crappie tourneys are starting to crank back up so I'm gonna sweat my butt off in July, August, and Sept making up what we missed out on the last couple months. Quachita river 3x, Grenada, and Table Rock are on the schedule outside of the local CAT stuff we plan to attend. Going to miss the Texoma tourney this year to go to Quachita, but the folks I wanted to beat are going to be at Quachita too!

Comment

Looking at my calendar this morning I have June 13, 21, 27-28 available and a could work a couple weekdays into the mix.
                  My wife should be calling you soon. She and her friend are dead set on going on a crappie trip and filling the ice chest.

Better behave yo self boy! [emoji1787]

I told them that you won the world crappie fishing championship in Yokohama Japan or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    My wife should be calling you soon. She and her friend are dead set on going on a crappie trip and filling the ice chest.

Better behave yo self boy! [emoji1787]

I told them that you won the world crappie fishing championship in Yokohama Japan or something like that.
                    That’s awesome!! My old lady or daughter either one will fish with me!! I’ve won a championship kinda like that but different!!

I booked a couple weekday trips today. Sure beats sitting in an office all day. I’m lousy office peeps.

Comment

Did a quick instructional trip on lake Tyler this morning. Roy has had Livescope a couple months but didn’t know how to use it properly! He does now! Those lake Tyler fish are in trouble now. If your gonna spend $3-4K to get the equipment It’s pretty cost effective to get somebody to show you how to use it! He was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning 15 minutes into the trip!

Comment

Did a quick instructional trip on lake Tyler this morning. Roy has had Livescope a couple months but didn’t know how to use it properly! He does now! Those lake Tyler fish are in trouble now. If your gonna spend $3-4K to get the equipment It’s pretty cost effective to get somebody to show you how to use it! He was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning 15 minutes into the trip!
                        I need you to look at mine sir

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          I need you to look at mine sir

Might cost you a jug of peanut oil!

Comment

Might cost you a jug of peanut oil!
                            Covered

Comment

Caught three nice ones off the bridge on waco real quick. Then boat traffic and wind I decided to go try my luck at piles. Once again nada. I think I'm throwing my orange buoy wrong or something! Haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Caught three nice ones off the bridge on waco real quick. Then boat traffic and wind I decided to go try my luck at piles. Once again nada. I think I'm throwing my orange buoy wrong or something! Haha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Do you have a graph up front also with the transducer on the trolling motor? You should be able to see the brush pile on the graph when you get on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X