Alert: Guns stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    None of it makes sense, unless you've been in that house multiple times.
    That's not how most crooks operate.
    To many unknowns and you are not going to be very successful for very long.
    Everything at the bottom of your post, is conjecture, when trying to tie it to this crime.
    You sure seem to know a whole lot about it though ����
    In the face of this insulting and vituperative response, please allow me to clarify:

What I am sharing with you is what the homeowner was told by the police while the crime scene was being investigated.

I share this with all of you because 1) it’s relevant here, 2) knowledge is power and this might help hone people’s awareness and 3) theft of weapons and guns, in my opinion, is the most insidious kind of home property theft that can be perpetrated on a homeowner as, more likely than not, these items will be used to perpetrate further crime—possibly even a violent one—against someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
      This is an EXCELLENT video. I know it’s rather long, but it has some great tips in it.

https://youtu.be/DtwD-c9hn58
      Thanks! I watched it and agree...lots of good information. I’ll be sure to share it with my friend once all the raw emotion dies down. Right now, his wife is beating him down with a lot of “I told you we should have...!”

Comment

I watched that video.

Think about 60% is hogwash. I talked to some thieves (they tried to sell me some guns)while on a job and they said people outside next door didn't bother them.
        How's a burglar to know if your alarm is wired or wireless?
        Who leaves their home visible thru a glass door while not at home?
        Live in the country and there is no neighborhood watch.

BTW, I did tell the police about the confessed burglars and they just shrugged it off.

Comment

What part of Austin?

We have an alarm, extra cameras, a rat terrier that barks at everything, and my wife is an extremely light sleeper. Plus all my guns are in a safe. I'm not real worried about my house but will still make sure all is locked and alarm set when we go to the lease the next time.

Comment

Working...
          X