Frio River 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frio River 2020

Water must have heard there was a virus around and left... 30 CFS... those of you coming bring your walking shoes

Still beautiful as always, and a nice way to kick off the summer. We always enjoy coming Memorial weekend because the water is usually up earlier in the year. Wrong this time.

Definitely a different year, no Garner Dance for my daughters so I'm sure they're a little disappointed but we're here and having fun.

Hate to hear that! Have reservations in Concan for Fathers day. May have to head over to Camp wood/Rock springs & check out Nueces. Maybe a good rain before then!

Comment

We usually go early June, this year the whole group couldn’t get together until late July. We will see how not goes. Hopefully the GSP Dance will be going by then. My boys will be sad if not. Coach

Comment

We’re staying in Leakey the last week in June. I always look forward to this even if we don’t get to float the river. Missed going last year but we went to Washington and Alaska for 17 days. Something hade to give. We’ve stayed in a number of houses in Leakey and Concan and prefer a particular one in Leakey with a nice rock ledge and riverbank to sit our chairs in the water when the CFM is too low to float. We didn’t get our regular number of people so the 5 bedroom house is out. I’ve always wanted to try out the 4 bedroom house next door so this is our year. Gonna be riding Harley’s for wind therapy on the 3 Sisters in the mornings again and river therapy in the afternoons. Life is good.

Comment

Frio trip

We will be going mid July, look forward to this every year. Rented a 4 bedroom house so the kids and grandkids can all hang out together. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Water must have heard there was a virus around and left... 30 CFS... those of you coming bring your walking shoes

Still beautiful as always, and a nice way to kick off the summer. We always enjoy coming Memorial weekend because the water is usually up earlier in the year. Wrong this time.

Definitely a different year, no Garner Dance for my daughters so I'm sure they're a little disappointed but we're here and having fun.
            We are headed up June 12th. Hoping for some rain. 30 is bad, was there when it was 39. Not ideal. I like it about 100. Y’all have fun

Comment

We will be there mid July.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                We are headed up June 12th. Hoping for some rain. 30 is bad, was there when it was 39. Not ideal. I like it about 100. Y’all have fun
                Yes sir weak. Maybe it'll rain some. Strange thing is everything is green and blooming so they've had some rain but obviously not enough to charge the aquifer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                  Hate to hear that! Have reservations in Concan for Fathers day. May have to head over to Camp wood/Rock springs & check out Nueces. Maybe a good rain before then!

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll be there in 2 weeks. Bummer about the flow...

Comment

Dang Shane, low water means more sitting and drinking beers. I thought I saw a good shower over that part of the world the other day?

It doesn't look like we're gonna make a river trip this year

Comment

Raining now?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Raining now?

Radar shows they may be getting some tonight. Look short lived though and will probably be gone in 3 weeks.

Comment

Coming in hot , we will be there today !

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                              Raining now?

Looked like the movie Moses last night, high winds thunder and lightning for a good 2 hours... picked up .5

Comment

Working...
                              X