Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
    Had a very productive weekend at the lease. Set up a couple gun blinds, filled some feeders found a nice matching pair of sheds, crawfish boil and one of our members killed 2 gobblers. I even found a dead buck we named “Diamond”. This was an old buck that I had been chasing for the last 5 years. Never could pattern him as he turned mostly nocturnal during season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a BadA 8 man! Gonna be good, looks like a solid weekend out west

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

You boys did it up right!! Looks like a great time.

Comment

Zach its gonna be a great season for you boys....you sprung for the Trophy Buck Corn, that's the "double down" of corn!

Comment

Man did the turkeys shut down!

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
              Don't say that, I'm heading back up on May 1 for more turkey action.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                Not cool. We are headed out this afternoon to hunt the weekend. Hopefully they are still fairly active.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  Not cool. We are headed out this afternoon to hunt the weekend. Hopefully they are still fairly active.
                  For what it's worth, they were on fire around Christoval last weekend. Gobbling every direction, responding to calls well.

Good luck!

Comment

I cant explain what a difference a week has made. I'm headed back out Monday with the grandson for 1 last try.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      Don't say that, I'm heading back up on May 1 for more turkey action.

Good luck! May is always super tough at our place

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        For what it's worth, they were on fire around Christoval last weekend. Gobbling every direction, responding to calls well.

Good luck!
                        Good news, thanks.

Comment

Great weekend out west again!! Put out 7 tons of protein, got dad on a pig, found a few sheds, and put a little more work into our homestead project. Ran out of time to get the new water station up and running. Still very green but I’m sure this upcoming week will put a damper on that.

Comment

Those are some good views

Comment

Good times, headed back out tomorrow.

Comment

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

I had my nephew from Alabama come out and visit for a turkey hunt. Things were quite a bit different than they were two weeks ago. Friday morning we heard 8-10 birds gobbling but couldn’t sea the deal. Saturday we only heard 3 birds gobbling. Say evening we saw a gobbler with a huge beard eating at a feeder about 100 yards away. He was interested in corn only and didn’t care about my calls or my decoy spread at all. This morning we heard zero birds gobbling. Very frustrating compared to two weeks ago. Anyway we got lucking pulling into camp this morning and rolled up on a bird. He just stood there looking at us and my nephew was able to take a quick shot and got him. Not how we wanted it but beggars can’t be choosers. We called in a few Fox also and there is one less rattle snake on the place.

It was HOT!!!! Ticks are thick, nephew had 20 ticks on him and I’ve found 7 on me. It’s pretty green but we are ready for some rain. Hopefully it won’t be long. All the deer we saw were fat and healthy.
                                Last edited by bowhunterhelm; 05-03-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X