No announcement yet.

The Metal (Music) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Tool/prog fans: Have y'all heard Tesseract? They kind of have the same vibe. Good band.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrL-gJM2n1U"]King - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      For the Tool/prog fans: Have y'all heard Tesseract? They kind of have the same vibe. Good band.

King - YouTube

I explain them as :

Ten years and coheed and Cambria had a baby and that baby had a baby with a perfect circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bringing this back up. Sylosis was not on my radar before!

In Flames is my favorite metal band of all time though.

Comment

-Archspire
          -Gojira
          -Beyond Creation
          -Revocation
          -Obscura
          -Allegaeon
          -Gorod
          -Animals As Leaders
          -The Faceless
          -Vale of Pnath

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Gwar still around?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Is Gwar still around?
              Surprisingly yes but the original vocalist died of an opioid overdose a few years back. They still tour though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                Bringing this back up. Sylosis was not on my radar before!

In Flames is my favorite metal band of all time though.
                From what Josh said in an interview earlier this year, he was pretty much done with Sylosis in 2016 (as in ending the band). Long story short, he was going to start a new band, and started writing songs for it. He sent the demos to the record label & his manager, and they both said, "This just sounds like Sylosis". I'm glad they did

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
                  -Archspire
                  -Gojira
                  -Beyond Creation
                  -Revocation
                  -Obscura
                  -Allegaeon
                  -Gorod
                  -Animals As Leaders
                  -The Faceless
                  -Vale of Pnath

Going technical on us, huh? I used to listen to these guys a while back. I always liked the riffs, but the "yelling" vocals they had scattered throughout the songs didn't seem to fit. I don't know, just didn't sound right with this style of metal.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz3MvY_Shig"]A Calculated Effort - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by JMKro; 04-22-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Going technical on us, huh? I used to listen to these guys a while back. I always liked the riffs, but the "yelling" vocals they had scattered throughout the songs didn't seem to fit. I don't know, just didn't sound right with this style of metal.

A Calculated Effort - YouTube
                    Yea I've seen psycroptic a few times. I preferred the original vocalist on the early albums. Their newest album is pretty good though. Same with decapitated. The new vocals just don't do it for me.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you Kro.

I could spend all day on Youtube Metal. Great plugs...all Yall.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKe8jze56Vg"]Avatar - Hail The Apocalypse (Official Music Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Testament-Titans of Creation

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
                            Yea I've seen psycroptic a few times. I preferred the original vocalist on the early albums. Their newest album is pretty good though. Same with decapitated. The new vocals just don't do it for me.

Still one of the best death metal songs ever written (in my opinion). And yeah, agree about the vocalist.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxlqQKNIvHw"]Decapitated - Spheres Of Madness #polandrock2019 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Still one of the best death metal songs ever written (in my opinion). And yeah, agree about the vocalist.

Decapitated - Spheres Of Madness #polandrock2019 - YouTube
                              Yes! Still ****** me off they removed all the good albums from Spotify. I concur!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                                Awesome! Thank you Kro.

I could spend all day on Youtube Metal. Great plugs...all Yall.
                                No problem.

Unfortunately, Trees Of Eternity doesn't exist anymore. The vocalist died from cancer before their only album was released. I guess technically, they weren't really a "band". It was just a side project with the vocalist (Aleah Stanbridge) and her boyfriend, Juha Raivio (main songwriter for Swallow The Sun). I really like Swallow The Sun's latest album, by the way.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wul2yeGo3Wk"]SWALLOW THE SUN - Firelights (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X