Clear All

Rain

Looking like Mexico got some heavy rain
    Attached Files

Comment

Mountains shredded the front from us glad y’all got some down south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got 1/2" last night. As luck would have it a very small cell about the size of our ranch landed on us. Appreciative.

Comment

Saw some white on radar, that had to be some serious stuff coming down

Comment

2/10 yesterday.... listening to rain on the tin roof as I type this now. Not a lot but maybe another 2/10. Mexico has her Sunday britches on for sure... beautiful down here... over 4 inches this month.

Comment

We are headed down Thursday to the ranch. We cross in Columbia. Any issues getting across border on either side?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaTex View Post
                We are headed down Thursday to the ranch. We cross in Columbia. Any issues getting across border on either side?
                I'm hoping to go down thru PN this weekend. Post you results please

Comment

Can Americans cross?

Comment

Originally posted by MUltraDeSabinas View Post
                    Can Americans cross?

Yes. No issues. I just got back and others have crossed today without any issues

Comment

Originally posted by MUltraDeSabinas View Post
                      Can Americans cross?

I was told you need a mask and gloves. Dean did you need that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
                        I was told you need a mask and gloves. Dean did you need that stuff?

I didn’t but I’d have a mask just to cover the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                          I didn’t but I’d have a mask just to cover the bases.

Good advice Dean!

Comment

We just got back today. No real problems crossing at Eagle Pass. They do stop you and check your temperature before you enter Mexico. Almost everyone in Mexico has on a mask. Also it is a city ordinance that everyone in Eagle Pass wear a mask of face cover at all times while outside. One of our hunters was reminded by a policeman. Our ranch is looking really good. Lots of green browse. It’s still dry though in my opinion. We could really use more rain.

Comment

Came back today.
                              City ordnance in eagle pass is to be wearing a mask, cop honked at buddy when he got out of truck at strips.
                              conversion rate is around 23:1, I’d make sure you don’t get screwed at feed store, I think we did this time.
                              Most of our ranch was real green, south side not.
                              We killed 2 rattle bugs.
                              One protein feeder fell over and another a deer knocked the motor we had mounted off, everything ate good there.
                              2 other timed protein feeders were clogged up. Protein was hot as **** 100-120 degrees and humid when we put it out last month, I bet sweated like crazy In that beer can. Santa Maria lovin I guess. Time before last my gravity 2000# was clogged, seemed like the pellets were turning to powder and didn’t have the shinny glaze it normally had. All this stuff was medicated, may have cause the problem not sure.

We got 3 stands moved

Sounds like cowboy that stole a gun earlier in season actually shot at least 5 deer, really ****** about that. He shot a 13 point 155-158” 4 year old off my feeder. 11 pointer that a hunter shot and lost he took to his House. A very heavy 8, which is probably from another of my stands 150”+. The other 2 are a 6 and smaller 10. I haven’t seen the 6, 8, or 10 yet. Kinda took the wind out of sail, pretty committed at this point this season. No telling how much damage was done though.

I’m glad owner came clean, I know that wasn’t easy

Comment

Originally posted by Learjet View Post
                                Came back today.
                                City ordnance in eagle pass is to be wearing a mask, cop honked at buddy when he got out of truck at strips.
                                conversion rate is around 23:1, I’d make sure you don’t get screwed at feed store, I think we did this time.
                                Most of our ranch was real green, south side not.
                                We killed 2 rattle bugs.
                                One protein feeder fell over and another a deer knocked the motor we had mounted off, everything ate good there.
                                2 other timed protein feeders were clogged up. Protein was hot as **** 100-120 degrees and humid when we put it out last month, I bet sweated like crazy In that beer can. Santa Maria lovin I guess. Time before last my gravity 2000# was clogged, seemed like the pellets were turning to powder and didn’t have the shinny glaze it normally had. All this stuff was medicated, may have cause the problem not sure.

We got 3 stands moved

Sounds like cowboy that stole a gun earlier in season actually shot at least 5 deer, really ****** about that. He shot a 13 point 155-158” 4 year old off my feeder. 11 pointer that a hunter shot and lost he took to his House. A very heavy 8, which is probably from another of my stands 150”+. The other 2 are a 6 and smaller 10. I haven’t seen the 6, 8, or 10 yet. Kinda took the wind out of sail, pretty committed at this point this season. No telling how much damage was done though.

I’m glad owner came clean, I know that wasn’t easy

Devastated would be an understatement! That sucks man.

I had the same thing happen to my feed. It had 20% turn to powder. My ranch is past the struggle mark! Nearly every pond is dry. Rain would definitely “Be a Good Thing!”

Comment

Working...
                                X