Bar-B-Q pitts/Smokers opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar-B-Q pitts/Smokers opinions

I am in the market for a wood burning pitt and or smoker. Give me yalls opinions on the best type/brand. Would really like to hear from the guys that cook alot. Thanx Calvin

Big green egg is AMAZING. So simple to use with a great end result

Comment

Lonestar Grillz. Very high quality pits and an awesome local business in the Houston area. Chris stands behind his products and will take as much time out of his day as you’d like to walk you through the models and options so you make the best decisions for you. Buy once, cry once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Offset is the best. BGE are okay for steaks, but they can't cook a brisket as well as a stick burner offset. In my opinion.

Like everything, you can pay a little or a lot for one. From $200 to many thousands.

Do you want it portable/trailered?
        How much do you want to cook on it at one time (size)?
        Regular flow, or reverse flow?
        How easy is it to clean out, both inside and firebox?

Comment

For budget friendly it's hard to beat a Weber Smokey Mountain.

I'll second what lwelch70 said. I have a lone star grillz cabinet smoker and that thing rocks. I'm considering selling it if your interested.

I also have the Weber I mentioned above.

Comment

Primo xl if you want a ceramic smoker. Lyfe tyme if you want traditional. I got a primo a few years ago and the tradition hardly sees any use anymore. Everything, especially brisket, turns out better on the primo.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
              Primo xl if you want a ceramic smoker. Lyfe tyme if you want traditional. I got a primo a few years ago and the tradition hardly sees any use anymore. Everything, especially brisket, turns out better on the primo.
              Funny, this is exactly the same as me. Have a life tyme and a primo XL. Don’t use the offset as much as I used to. I disagree on taste, brisket, ribs, pork shoulder definitely better of the offset, imo, but the ease of use on the primo is huge.

Comment

Offset is my choice. Check out Pits by JJ in Houston.

Comment

Big a Green Egg all the way. Use mine all the time and not just for smoking.

Comment

I have a Lone star grillz 20x36 and couldn’t be happier. The 20x models have some nice features that similar smokers don’t. When I picked up my pit I met Chris and he went over the pit with me as if I was buying a new car. Awesome craftsmanship and great people.

Comment

Calvin,as mentioned above,the Weber Smoky Mountain is hard to beat for the price and easy operation for the guy that isn't cooking large amounts.

Comment

Big green egg has become my favorite. You can smoke, grill, or make a pizza.

Comment

I’ve got a Pitts and Spitts stick burner and a Weber Smoky Mountain. They both produce great bbq, but the Smoky Mountain is way easier. You don’t see the crazy temperature swings with the Weber, so you don’t have to babysit the fire so much. I can get the charcoal going with some chunks of wood and it will remain steady for 10+ hours. I might need to add some water one time. It also uses a whole lot less fuel, and it doesn’t take up much space in the garage. If you get the Weber, I would recommend the 22”, otherwise you will need to trim some of the larger briskets.

Comment

Big green egg,

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
                              I’ve got a Pitts and Spitts stick burner and a Weber Smoky Mountain. They both produce great bbq, but the Smoky Mountain is way easier. You don’t see the crazy temperature swings with the Weber, so you don’t have to babysit the fire so much. I can get the charcoal going with some chunks of wood and it will remain steady for 10+ hours. I might need to add some water one time. It also uses a whole lot less fuel, and it doesn’t take up much space in the garage. If you get the Weber, I would recommend the 22”, otherwise you will need to trim some of the larger briskets.
                              This on the Webber. Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X