Chevy- never again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
    I have 0 brand loyalty, I get the best deal I can on what's out there, that thing starts giving a problem that I think is gonna be an ongoing thing, I dump it and go to the next best deal! So far Nissan has the best track record for me!
    I am not brand loyal either.
    We do have a Nissan Armada that has 190k miles on it. 1 set of brakes and a right rear wheel bearing is all we have ever had to do for maintenance.

Comment

I replaced the condenser in our 15’ Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Cost me about $115 all in after the recharge. We were on the way back from Florida when it went out.

Comment

I loved Chevy when I was a kid, half a dozen transmissions later I'll drive anything but a Chevy.don't get even get me started on the AC actuators.
        A 4 gen ram is way tougher than a 2004 to 2012 Chevy.
        A tundra 5.7 is hands-down the toughest 1/2 ton truck ever made.
        cons-
        1 They Ride bad - solution is about 5k in a long arm suspension lift
        2 millage is a joke - solution is stop whining and just pay it.
        3 not fancy- it's a truck get over it.

Your other option is a 2014 Ford 5.0 also a solid rig

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          I loved Chevy when I was a kid, half a dozen transmissions later I'll drive anything but a Chevy.don't get even get me started on the AC actuators.
          A 4 gen ram is way tougher than a 2004 to 2012 Chevy.
          A tundra 5.7 is hands-down the toughest 1/2 ton truck ever made.
          cons-
          1 They Ride bad - solution is about 5k in a long arm suspension lift
          2 millage is a joke - solution is stop whining and just pay it.
          3 not fancy- it's a truck get over it.

Your other option is a 2014 Ford 5.0 also a solid rig

Most of my dream rides are all Chevy but I haven’t wanted a single one since 2002.

1969 as camero
          1972 Chevy 4x4
          1972 Chevy 2wd
          1999 single cab Z71

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Most of my dream rides are all Chevy but I haven’t wanted a single one since 2002.

1969 as camero
            1972 Chevy 4x4
            1972 Chevy 2wd
            1999 single cab Z71

You sir are from the same cloth.

If you need someone to will the 72 to. I’m here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              You sir are from the same cloth.

If you need someone to will the 72 to. I’m here!!!!

In 30 years I’m hope to be one of those dudes who has a huge shop filled with rides like that.

Comment

Why can no thread stay on track........... who knows???

OP, this is a PSB from GM and a common defect, had mine fixed for free.... PM me for info if needed......

Comment

Chevy- never again!

Originally posted by BowFever View Post
                  Why can no thread stay on track........... who knows???

OP, this is a PSB from GM and a common defect, had mine fixed for free.... PM me for info if needed......

You are a man of few words. 10 post in 13 years.

That’s impressive!

We could add all of your years and post, multiply them by 500 and still not equal smarts lama licking posts.

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-26-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

just sold my wifes 09 suburban. I own a 2010 silverado for work both have and had problem after problem

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Roll your eyes all day long. Fact is you just don't see near as many threads like this for Toyotas. I don't understand why non Toyota guys fight the facts so hard. Just admit they have far less issues..You'll feel better. If you want to hate on Toyota just stick to the high sticker price for Tacoma and bad gas mileage for Tacomas and Tundras.
                      So let me tell you about my 2006 TACO. I bought it used with 70k in 2011. I put 40k on it the next 8 years. I live in the Northwest, we get snow and lots of it. With the snow comes salt and sand.

I'm guessing you haven't heard about the rotted frames. The company that they were using to do the prep and sealing of the frames did a shoddy job. A job so bad that Toyota sued them and won. Thousands of trucks were affected. Mine was one that needed total frame replacement. I missed the deadline …..just never heard about it. The problem was there wasn't a recall. What Toyota got to do was pay for TV comercials and ads in Newspapers. NO MANDATORY RECALL.

My truck had holes in the frame that I could put my hand through. It was a nightmare. A truck that had 119k miles was undriveable. I sat it for about 2 months and luckily traded it in on a 2013 Taco. I got 4k on the trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
                        So let me tell you about my 2006 TACO. I bought it used with 70k in 2011. I put 40k on it the next 8 years. I live in the Northwest, we get snow and lots of it. With the snow comes salt and sand.

I'm guessing you haven't heard about the rotted frames. The company that they were using to do the prep and sealing of the frames did a shoddy job. A job so bad that Toyota sued them and won. Thousands of trucks were affected. Mine was one that needed total frame replacement. I missed the deadline …..just never heard about it. The problem was there wasn't a recall. What Toyota got to do was pay for TV comercials and ads in Newspapers. NO MANDATORY RECALL.

My truck had holes in the frame that I could put my hand through. It was a nightmare. A truck that had 119k miles was undriveable. I sat it for about 2 months and luckily traded it in on a 2013 Taco. I got 4k on the trade in.
                        No steel frame is going to hold up very good to salt exposure for 13 years. I live on the Gulf coast so I know from experience.. Especially if the truck frame that is designed with holes in it from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          I have 0 brand loyalty, I get the best deal I can on what's out there, that thing starts giving a problem that I think is gonna be an ongoing thing, I dump it and go to the next best deal! So far Nissan has the best track record for me!
                          Nissan belongs in the reliability/durability conversation with Toyota. Have owned two titans and they are bulletproof!

Comment

I drove a 2015 Silverado for a company truck, had to replace the computer at around 40k, ac went out around 65k, transmission went at 99k... lady rear ended me and totaled the truck at 102k, no problems since then[emoji16]

Comment

My 2013 F150 with 5.0 just can back from Gullo after being there 24 days for a cylinder head replaced because of low compression. Truck has 73,000 miles. It has been to the dealer 13 times for warranty over the last 7 years. Thank god for the extended warranty, but it’s a lemon at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
                                A lot of you guys need a skilled mechanic, not a different brand vehicle. All these problems take a little bit of mechanical knowledge to repair........Does your guy actually qualify???
                                Yep, 150K miles on my 14 chevy not one issue that wasn't an easy fix for me to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X