2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
    Made a quick little run between watching my daughter since her daycare has shut down and mom works during the day. Caught a good blue on the first run. Ended up turning back this big one and two more that were over 20. We were after yellas but the blues were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heck yeah!

Comment

I don't see a live well ? How long you keep them out of the water?

IMO if you want to CPR it needs to be done ASAP otherwise they could be dying after released..At least some studies show that... Just FYI

Nice blues though!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        I don't see a live well ? How long you keep them out of the water?

IMO if you want to CPR it needs to be done ASAP otherwise they could be dying after released..At least some studies show that... Just FYI

Nice blues though!

We put it back in the water right after pictures. None of the other two we released were pictured. They were caught later. Cleaned 17 this morning up to 15lbs some only 3lbs.

I actually have video of this one being released...it took off like nobody’s business

Comment

What lake are you fishing? And do you find the ones over 20 pounds to be fattier or greasy? That's what we see on the Nueces. For the blues anyway.

Comment

This was first time fishing this stretch of river and it is very close to a lake. I had to clean the meat up quite a bit. I always cut out the bloodline in the middle and also skim as much red off the fillet as possible. I dont usually fish the lake at all. I didn’t notice there meat to be much different than ones we catch in the brazos. We mostly fish the brazos river targeting flatheads. Unless we are rod and reeling. I honestly prefer eating and cleaning flatheads more than anything and usually release them if they are more than 20. I keep the belly meat on a yella but not the blue honestly.

Comment

This was first time fishing this stretch of river and it is very close to a lake. I had to clean the meat up quite a bit. I always cut out the bloodline in the middle and also skim as much red off the fillet as possible. I dont usually fish the lake at all. I didn’t notice there meat to be much different than ones we catch in the brazos. We mostly fish the brazos river targeting flatheads. Unless we are rod and reeling. I honestly prefer eating and cleaning flatheads more than anything and usually release them if they are more than 20. I keep the belly meat on a yella but not the blue honestly.

What stretch of the Brazos you on?

Comment

Between Waco and College Station area. Fish a few different spots.

Comment

Cool. I was just curious. I just started fishing it this year but down around West Columbia. Loaded up with blues, found a few yellas

Comment

The minute you're sure you will keep and eat a catfish cut the tail off. If it's all the way alive and you keep it in water there will be no bloodline or red meat. Makes cleaning a ton easier.

Comment

Pa has been doing pretty good while quarantined at Inks. Lots of crappie too but here's a 20lber he caught today.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                        Pa has been doing pretty good while quarantined at Inks. Lots of crappie too but here's a 20lber he caught today.
                        Heck yeah! We are heading to Conroe in the morning for some bulkhead action!
                        Last edited by hogslayer78; 03-25-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                          Heck yeah! We are heading to Conroe in the morning for some bulkhead action!

Post up a report,us essential guys may try it Sat

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Post up a report,us essential guys may try it Sat

Yeah this working all the time while everyone else is out there being “non-essential” is horse dookie [emoji23][emoji23]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Looks like I’ll be gettin to make a Conroe bulkhead trip on Monday

Comment

Planning a night trip tomorrow with a few buddies.

Comment

Working...
                                X