X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Heart Shot a a big boar!

A few lessons learned on this one.

"Texas Heart Shot" on YouTube

If he is still alive, he ain't reproducing!

Comment

How to make a pig a Barr using social distancing.

Comment

Lit his a** up for sure---but almost no penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Lit his a** up for sure---but almost no penetration.
          About 12 to 13 inches! It sounded like it hit bone. I was really suprised I got as much as I did. It is a single bevel broadhead and a 670 grain arrow though.
          Last edited by killerbee; 03-24-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
            If he is still alive, he ain't reproducing!
            I dont think he made it. He was raising hell over the fence. Some poor neighbor is goi g to have to deal with him smelling the place up.

Comment

I thought if you shoot a super heavy arrow with a heavy broad head it would go through anything? Guess shot placement counts for something

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
                I thought if you shoot a super heavy arrow with a heavy broad head it would go through anything? Guess shot placement counts for something
                Not anything for sure. It did better than I would have thought. That pig is dead but wasnt getting in trouble getting him lol
                Hitting where your aiming would be a plus as well!
                Last edited by killerbee; 03-24-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killerbee View Post
                  Not anything for sure. It did better than I would have thought. That pig is dead but wasnt getting in trouble getting him lol
                  I bet if he wasn’t dead he wouldn’t have been too happy with you when you found him 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
                    I bet if he wasn’t dead he wouldn’t have been too happy with you when you found him 😂
                    Been there and done that more than once!

Pucker factor BigTime!!!!

Comment

I guess I dont get taking bad shots on purpose. Penetration didnt seem that great to me either.

Comment

[QUOTE=Felix40;14772578]I guess I dont get taking bad shots on purpose. Penetration didnt seem that great to me

I didnt take a bad shot on purpose bud. I explained that pretty well on the video at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                          I guess I dont get taking bad shots on purpose. Penetration didnt seem that great to me either.
                          Its a hog. Anything that gets one killed is a good shot. They are vermin and need to be killed or maimed in any and all manners possible.

-john

Comment

Looks like you hit him dead center right hindquarter. The good blood you saw could've been femoral artery maybe. Better luck next time.

Comment

It's a hog, any placement is good placement in my book.

Comment

Working...
                              X