China. What The Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    We have already purchased masks for the family. And are going to go pick up food, waters, medicines, toiletries and so forth and stow away in our closet. Month supply of basic necessities. Not because we expect total black plague conditions...but because we expect major media hype resulting in panic purchasing and empty shelves as soon as the first U.S. cases start popping up. (as is what is happening abroad already).
    Yup that's the plan here.. gonna be a bit annoying in houston as soon as people start really freaking out

Comment

This may have been posted already. But this is a pretty interesting site that shows global stats on lots of things, including corona virus. Look at the top of the first page and expand the info on corona virus and the info on influenza. Compare the number of deaths this year from each virus.

Live world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy and health.

It shows that there are fewer currently active cases of corona virus globally today than there were a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's peaked and on the way down? Time will tell.

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        This may have been posted already. But this is a pretty interesting site that shows global stats on lots of things, including corona virus. Look at the top of the first page and expand the info on corona virus and the info on influenza. Compare the number of deaths this year from each virus.

Live world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy and health.

It shows that there are fewer currently active cases of corona virus globally today than there were a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's peaked and on the way down? Time will tell.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
        Interesting website. I put this one in my favorites folder.

They are basing the numbers on China's reports though....which I don't believe are worth 2 flying flips. (per my friends actually in China)

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Interesting website. I put this one in my favorites folder.

They are basing the numbers on China's reports though....which I don't believe are worth 2 flying flips. (per my friends actually in China)
          True. There's no way to get truthful numbers from China or Iran or countries like those - on any topic, not just this one. You can't trust their numbers, and you can't gather accurate data for yourself.

Comment

San Francisco just declared state of emergency to prepare for CV

Not that this means much...being San Fran but if it starts being a pattern with other areas it will lead to panic IMO

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              San Francisco just declared state of emergency to prepare for CV

Not that this means much...being San Fran but if it starts being a pattern with other areas it will lead to panic IMO
              I'd think Hepatitis would be a bigger issue with San Francisco than any little ol' corona virus... If a "state of emergency" would stop it, maybe they should declare one for shat on the streets n needles everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I'd think Hepatitis would be a bigger issue with San Francisco than any little ol' corona virus... If a "state of emergency" would stop it, maybe they should declare one for shat on the streets n needles everywhere...

I was thinking this same thing! Open drug use and defecating in public are cool but a disease that may or may not be here already SOUND THE ALARMS!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

This is an update from the company I work for. Sounds like it is not much of a issue right now. Time will tell.

The situation in China has improved and the development in Italy is being closely monitored

Production in China is back to almost normal this week and the majority of the employees have returned to work. All offices and plants in China have opened, except for our facilities in Wuhan.

The issue with logistics has also improved, with a growing number of local suppliers back at work. The supply chain between China and Europe and China and the US is up and running.

We’ve been in contact with our suppliers and factories in China to see if the situation affects deliveries or has other consequences for our customers. As of today, our conclusion is that the coronavirus will not cause any disruptions, neither in Europe nor the United States. We follow the same governmental guidelines for escalating our operations as other industries/sectors in China.

In Italy, the majority of our suppliers operate in the affected area. But so far, no immediate risks have been identified. We will continue to monitor the situation closely. At present, there are no travel restrictions to and from Italy. We follow the national and international travel guidelines, and continue to monitor the situation closely.

If you’re returning from a country other than China and have questions about the coronavirus, we recommend you call your local health clinic or doctor, as a first step.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                      This is an update from the company I work for. Sounds like it is not much of a issue right now. Time will tell.

The situation in China has improved and the development in Italy is being closely monitored

Production in China is back to almost normal this week and the majority of the employees have returned to work. All offices and plants in China have opened, except for our facilities in Wuhan.

The issue with logistics has also improved, with a growing number of local suppliers back at work. The supply chain between China and Europe and China and the US is up and running.

We’ve been in contact with our suppliers and factories in China to see if the situation affects deliveries or has other consequences for our customers. As of today, our conclusion is that the coronavirus will not cause any disruptions, neither in Europe nor the United States. We follow the same governmental guidelines for escalating our operations as other industries/sectors in China.

In Italy, the majority of our suppliers operate in the affected area. But so far, no immediate risks have been identified. We will continue to monitor the situation closely. At present, there are no travel restrictions to and from Italy. We follow the national and international travel guidelines, and continue to monitor the situation closely.

If you’re returning from a country other than China and have questions about the coronavirus, we recommend you call your local health clinic or doctor, as a first step.

This is probably very accurate due to the fact that I moved all of my 401k into bonds this morning [emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                        Word. “Playbook”... gives me warms and fuzzies.

1) Wide spread inoculation of antibodies of virus in same family for increasing individual antibodies in preparation for nation wide contraction of SARS 2.0....operational

2) vaccine...not operational

Im donning my foil hat....
                        Weekend before last...I saw a large 4 jet engine plane flying low and leaving a massive vapor trail flying out of a regular flight pattern.

I was concerned at first but had to digest the cause and effect. Im cool with whatever Uncle Sam was spreading if it saves a ton of lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Word. “Playbook”... gives me warms and fuzzies.

1) Wide spread inoculation of antibodies of virus in same family for increasing individual antibodies in preparation for nation wide contraction of SARS 2.0....operational

2) vaccine...not operational

Im donning my foil hat....
                          Weekend before last...I saw a large 4 jet engine plane flying low and leaving a massive vapor trail flying out of a regular flight pattern.

I was concerned at first but had to digest the cause and effect. Im cool with whatever Uncle Sam was spreading if it saves a ton of lives.
                          We are directly under a flight path for Love Field in Dallas. Under certain weather conditions, the planes pretty good vapor trails coming in and out. it's pretty normal. What scares me is how many planes come in with engine problems. You can hear them spittin and sputterin pretty often.

Comment

First case here in the States but they won't say where... Hmmm

Lets see how they can panic the public now.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              First case here in the States but they won't say where... Hmmm

Lets see how they can panic the public now.

I’ll take, the southern border for 1000, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I’ll take, the southern border for 1000, Alex.

You’ve found today’s daily double dale

Comment

Working...
                                X