No announcement yet.

2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t do much jug lining anymore. A tip especially if you do it at night, buy some reflective tape and put a wrap or two on your jugs. Easy to find them with a spot light.

Comment

For jug fishin I use 20oz gatoraid or power aid bottles. Run between 2 and 3 feet of tarred line with a hook and a weight on one end a small loop on the other. Store the drop inside the bottles and all the bottles inside a crawfish or decoy sack. When ready to fish just pull out drop, put cap back on, loop line around jug in the provided grove that they provide or around the neck, bait hook and toss out. Best bait is fresh cut bait, blue gill, mullet, croaker, whatever you can get fresh.

Comment

I'm cheap so I take about 15" of 1/2" PVC and heat the last 1-2" with a heat gun so I can squeeze it flat and bend it to 90 degrees. Slide on the noodle and attach the line to the end opposite the bend.

Of course you can also buy caps, ells, and solvent too to accomplish the same thing.

Comment

Man we used to run jugs all the time. We had to stop because on every lake we went, we always had issues with people checking them for us and stealing our fish. We had to be out before daylight, because every bass fisherman would stop and check them if they saw them bouncing. I hate people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the noodles, I only made a few to test out in December. I left the PVC open because I'm cheap, had some screws and a bag of swivels so ran a swivel through a screw and gorilla glue'd the foam to the PVC. I only made four of those because I ran out of my scrap PVC, so I grabbed a half dozen duck decoys and put out some lines on those and caught a couple fish on them too. I can only imagine the look on a bass fisherman's face when a duck decoy goes swimming by his boat. lol
            Attached Files

Comment

I like the white noodles.....I can see them better than any of the colored ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I like the white noodles.....I can see them better than any of the colored ones.
                Yep, yellow is real visible also.

Comment

I paint my bottles white.

Comment

Where do you find the white ones? I’ve never seen them

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post

Wrap the noodle with white duct tape, which also provides a surface to sharpe your information.

Comment

You can find them for sale at many online retailers. Just search for white foam noodle.

Comment

I found them online and ordered a case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Caught these guys on Noodles Dec 28. Biggest one was 30lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
                              Caught these guys on Noodles Dec 28. Biggest one was 30lbs..

Nice !
                              It's almost time to start the limb lines for them suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Biggest gizzards we can find, or giant chunks of carp.
                                Gotta be big enough to keep the 20lbs and under off it.
                                It's impossible to put on a bait too big imo.
                                2 - 3lb white bass fished whole are the best, but illegal.
                                Y’all using a fish finder and cast net to catch shad that big? Or is there an area of the lake they can be caught pretty consistently? The only experience I have catching shad are spillways.

Comment

Working...
                                X