Owner of Freiheit country store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owner of Freiheit country store?

Anyone hear about him? Rumored, something bad has happened, prayers for the family. He is a member on TBH.

Freiheit is in and around New Braunfels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good food there. Hope all is well.

Comment

I heard he passed on. Did not verify, just heard that today

Comment

Apparently he passed away. This is coming from social media and don't know any details. Sad deal, he was my vice principal in high school and was really well liked. He was a great guy from everything I heard.

My freshman year he would still paddle kids instead of suspension with the parents permission (this was less than 10 years ago). I remember him coming into the football weight room one time and repping out two plates on bench in his dress clothes. He was a big guy, and I definitely wouldn't want to get paddled by him!

Comment

His son is a active member on here and is part owner of Freiheit with other family members. He did pass away. Please keep his family in your prayers. If you are in New Braunfels, go support the family owned business. Great food and a great atmosphere.

Comment

I work with folks that knew him well. Sad deal and sad situation. Prayers for family.

Comment

Sad to hear. Condolences to the family and friends.
              Side note: great place to eat. If you get down there go by and support em.

Comment

Looks to be suicide. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                  Sad to hear. Condolences to the family and friends.
                  Side note: great place to eat. If you get down there go by and support em.
                  Great food, great atmosphere, great outdoor music venue. Haven’t heard of anything being organized yet. If we do, I will relay to GS.

Do not how to word this....

Past and current loses/internal demons/personal choices can sometimes haunt a person in such a way that “there is no escape.”

May GOD take mercy on his soul and allow him to finally be at peace.

-D

Comment

Originally posted by Zackme96 View Post
                    Apparently he passed away. This is coming from social media and don't know any details. Sad deal, he was my vice principal in high school and was really well liked. He was a great guy from everything I heard.

My freshman year he would still paddle kids instead of suspension with the parents permission (this was less than 10 years ago). I remember him coming into the football weight room one time and repping out two plates on bench in his dress clothes. He was a big guy, and I definitely wouldn't want to get paddled by him!
                    Was he at NB Canyon?

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                      Was he at NB Canyon?
                      No. New BRAUNFELS HS

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                        No. New BRAUNFELS HS
                        NBISD football coach and VP.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                          Was he at NB Canyon?
                          Canyon is Comal ISD

Comment

Hearing suicide also......prayers to the family and friends.

Comment

I’m the son and part owner of Freiheit Country Store. It’s still a shock, but we are strong. He never faced the demons after my sister’s passing in 2007. Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

Working...
                              X