No announcement yet.

Truck Speaker upgrade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also for true improvements you need to replace your head unit as well. Do you try to improve your picture quality of your DVD player by buying a new tv???? No. You buy a new blueray or 4kplayer. Speakers will only be as good as the signal feeding them. I would actually get a new head unit over just new door speakers.

Or keep your head unit and get a 5 channel amp. (You will have the sub out in case you want it later) and get a equalizer to adjust the output signal coming from your factory head unit before it gets to the amp.

I wouldn’t hesitate to get the kicker all in one kit, assuming all the right stuff is there.

I just retroed my whole audio system in my tundra using all original wiring. Found a site online that sold everything needed for $699. Best sounding audio I’ve ever had in a vehicle.

What is your budget? I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Also for true improvements you need to replace your head unit as well. Do you try to improve your picture quality of your DVD player by buying a new tv???? No. You buy a new blueray or 4kplayer. Speakers will only be as good as the signal feeding them. I would actually get a new head unit over just new door speakers.

Or keep your head unit and get a 5 channel amp. (You will have the sub out in case you want it later) and get a equalizer to adjust the output signal coming from your factory head unit before it gets to the amp.

I wouldn’t hesitate to get the kicker all in one kit, assuming all the right stuff is there.

I just retroed my whole audio system in my tundra using all original wiring. Found a site online that sold everything needed for $699. Best sounding audio I’ve ever had in a vehicle.

What is your budget? I can help.

Actually I do plan on replacing the head unit. I am either looking at a Kenwood Excelon multimedia unit with wireless Apple car play. Also looking at an alpine with a 9” screen. Was not planning on doing a four channel amp but might if it’s not too much trouble.

Will look into the kicker sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        Actually I do plan on replacing the head unit. I am either looking at a Kenwood Excelon multimedia unit with wireless Apple car play. Also looking at an alpine with a 9” screen. Was not planning on doing a four channel amp but might if it’s not too much trouble.

Will look into the kicker sets.

What’s your budget?? Alpine has a complete plug and play kit with 2 amps and sub and all door speakers for $15000. Probably a 6 hour install. You will never need to touch it again

Comment

What’s your budget?? Alpine has a complete plug and play kit with 2 amps and sub and all door speakers for $15000. Probably a 6 hour install. You will never need to touch it again

I can’t do $15,000, haha

$1,500 is probably do-able.

Comment

I can’t do $15,000, haha

$1,500 is probably do-able.

Lol I meant $1500. But I went back to look and the google machine pulled up the wrong stuff. You are very limited (from crutchfeild anyway). I will pm my number. Call and I can help with info at least or a good starting point.

Comment

Lol I meant $1500. But I went back to look and the google machine pulled up the wrong stuff. You are very limited (from crutchfeild anyway). I will pm my number. Call and I can help with info at least or a good starting point.

That’s funny! I was reading this thread because i want to upgrade a 2014 Ram.
              I saw the 15,000 and cracked up. Didn’t think we would get too many takers at that cost. It would be cheaper to buy a new truck😂.

Comment

Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile but I ended up getting involved with Crutchfield and they got me setup!

Ended up going with a Kenwood Excelon Multimedia unit with hands free Apple Carplay. Also bought the maestro system and brackets to retain all the factory functionality. The install of this equipment was not easy but each time I got stuck Crutchfield was just a call away and they walked me through my questions. The new maestro bracket also gives me a large pocket that I’d didn’t have on the dash before. The pocket added two USB ports, hdmi, and headphone type. So far I love the setup

While I was at it I added Focal 6x9’s in the front door and Focal 6.5” in the rear. Also purchased deadening mats and foam surrounds for all the speakers. Crutchfield provided brackets and wiring harnesses. What an upgrade.

Now the only question, is do I add a small sub to round out the sound?? I wouldn’t want any earth shaking system just something to give it a total sound and doesn’t take up much space.

Comment

Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile but I ended up getting involved with Crutchfield and they got me setup!

Ended up going with a Kenwood Excelon Multimedia unit with hands free Apple Carplay. Also bought the maestro system and brackets to retain all the factory functionality. The install of this equipment was not easy but each time I got stuck Crutchfield was just a call away and they walked me through my questions. The new maestro bracket also gives me a large pocket that I’d didn’t have on the dash before. The pocket added two USB ports, hdmi, and headphone type. So far I love the setup

While I was at it I added Focal 6x9’s in the front door and Focal 6.5” in the rear. Also purchased deadening mats and foam surrounds for all the speakers. Crutchfield provided brackets and wiring harnesses. What an upgrade.

Now the only question, is do I add a small sub to round out the sound?? I wouldn’t want any earth shaking system just something to give it a total sound and doesn’t take up much space.

Hah I have virtually the exact same system. I did add a 10” W3 sub in a custom enclosure behind my rear seat. It has a dedicated bass knob in case I want to add the extra bass but overall-it’s one bad mo fo. Crisp enough for a symphony set and loud enough to turn on for a party around the non fire.

Comment

JL Audio C7 kit.. you will not want to get out of your vehicle.

Comment

That’s guys. I need to research what sub options is out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X