Fixed wireless internet . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
    I have a Peplink cradle point I bought online. Plugged in a ATT unlimited card and boom internet. I pay $120 a month for the card and stream somewhere around 1 TB of data. You basically can run all the TV's and unlimited users. Speed is anywhere from 25 to 50 depending on the tower.
    Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    We tried ATT fixed wireless internet...it was sub par and easily burned thew the data 215gb. Then they start hitting you with overage fees.

Switched to OTR Unlimited $60 a couple months ago. We tried it out as much as possible the first month to see if there would be any issues or throttling back. Burned 615gb without any issue. This was using a 6 yo ATT hot spot.

Canceled DTV too and life is allsome!

Good to know, we've been thinking about this for when we travel. Since we stream everything we can burn 1TB fast.

Comment

OTR gets its signal off of ATT towers but its not an ATT service. Its really made for Over The Road kinda of folks because you can charge it and take it with you in your vehicle or TT. Or take the battery out and plug it in, I coupled it with a Apple Airport which is a back up drive and a killer router in one. You don't have to have an ATT account just buy it on OTR mobile and its 60 bucks a month truly unlimited. I Believe the documents said they would not question your usage unless you were going over 500 gigs a month or using in an office setting.

Comment

Yes, multiple devices. Our kids are usually streaming and as well as my wife and I and at the same time I can be on my iPad. At the house I only have two to three bars, if I could get 5 bars some how it would sign.

Comment

For you guys using OTR, how good is your normal AT&T cell signal inside your house??

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
            Can you run multiple devices off of the OTR?
            Yep, tv, computer and phones no problem

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
              OTR mobile for me.

I loved calling Viasat to cancel that crap.

I tried to call and cancel Viasat at week 5 of having their service and, as you know, I was stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                is it for AT&T only?
                No, they just use the ATT towers. SIM card is OTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                  This? . .

#fillthepipeline

If you have Frontier available then that’s probably your best option.

Fixed wireless is suppose to be for people who can’t get copper Uverse or fiber internet. It’s a way to reach folks in rural areas where hardline service just isn’t available. Your speed will all depend on your location
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-11-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    No, they just use the ATT towers. SIM card is OTR.
                    ok, AT&T towers by us suck.....

Comment

Prolly not for you then.....

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        I have a Peplink cradle point I bought online. Plugged in a ATT unlimited card and boom internet. I pay $120 a month for the card and stream somewhere around 1 TB of data. You basically can run all the TV's and unlimited users. Speed is anywhere from 25 to 50 depending on the tower.

$120 a month? isn't that high? curious as to how this compares to OTR Mobile

Comment

Sorry to hijack but this thread has helped me a bunch. Just started looking at OTR and was wanting to see if anyone had feedback with it.

You guys that use it did you get the netgear router they offer or go another route?

We use a booster to get phone service but have pretty good service with it so was looking at going this route just not sure what all I need to have wifi throughout my house. Thanks

Comment

If you don’t have good AT&T cell signal then the OTR may not be your best bet.

Comment

MarkV

I switched to OTR and bought the OTR Netgear Nighthawk package with the SIM card already installed. You don't have to have a router if the Netgear device is close to your TV and or devices, but I mean real close. The Nighthawk has a network cable on the back and I connected with my Apple Airport which serves as a router and works great. 2400 sq ft house and 25-35 download speed 98% of the time. I have been looking at cell boosters and or antennas for the Nighthawk OTR device because it does have two T9 ports on the back for external antennas, etc... I get 2 to 3 bars at the house and it works great, but really wanting to see if I can get 4 or 5 just for kicks. I bet the speed would be 50-60 if I could.

Comment

I use western broadband. It's a line of sight to a tower. Although I cant see the tower it pointing at. We love it. Got 4I'd of cable and run all our devices and tvs on it. I'm in a rural area

Comment

Working...
                                X