Fixed wireless internet . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed wireless internet . .

I'm looking to get away from satellite internet . . $80/mo for 25GB . . A friend suggested that I look into fixed wireless internet . . Anyone have this service?. .

#fillthepipeline

In for this. I have Hughesnet and it is miserably slow.

Comment

I think verizon and a few companies offer a home mobile internet system now. I've been using my phones hotspot for home internet for a few years now. It can be done

Comment

OTR Mobile. We are in a rural area, truly unlimited and with good router we are pushing 25 to 35 mbps download. $60 a month and e can take it with us anywhere ATT cell service. We switched two months ago, totally blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
          OTR Mobile. We are in a rural area, truly unlimited and with good router we are pushing 25 to 35 mbps download. $60 a month and e can take it with us anywhere ATT cell service. We switched two months ago, totally blown away.
          This is what I use also. I have been very impressed with it so far. I'm able to stream on 2 TVs and use phones all at the same time.

Comment

I have a Peplink cradle point I bought online. Plugged in a ATT unlimited card and boom internet. I pay $120 a month for the card and stream somewhere around 1 TB of data. You basically can run all the TV's and unlimited users. Speed is anywhere from 25 to 50 depending on the tower.

Comment

Great thread. We have Viasat and it has 2 very consistent things about it. Terribly expensive and terribly awful. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

I would like to look at a cellular option but phone service inside our house is not good at all. Are you guys solving that with a cell booster?

Comment

AT&T has fixed wireless. “If” you can get it where you live then I suggest you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                  Great thread. We have Viasat and it has 2 very consistent things about it. Terribly expensive and terribly awful. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

I would like to look at a cellular option but phone service inside our house is not good at all. Are you guys solving that with a cell booster?

A cell booster near a window will help you out especially if you have a metal foot that’s causing poor signal inside.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    AT&T has fixed wireless. “If” you can get it where you live then I suggest you do it.
                    This? . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

OTR mobile for me.

I loved calling Viasat to cancel that crap.

Comment

We tried ATT fixed wireless internet...it was sub par and easily burned thew the data 215gb. Then they start hitting you with overage fees.

Switched to OTR Unlimited $60 a couple months ago. We tried it out as much as possible the first month to see if there would be any issues or throttling back. Burned 615gb without any issue. This was using a 6 yo ATT hot spot.

Canceled DTV too and life is allsome!

Comment

Following

Comment

Can you run multiple devices off of the OTR?

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                              is it for AT&T only?

Comment

Working...
                              X