Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRXH 2020, Pitter Patter, Let's Get At'er!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always hunt your way down river and then have someone come across and get you.

Comment

I thought about that. But the weight of a cooler, pack, bow, folding table and beer might be prohibitive. Also I think I signed up to contribute like a gallon of mustard. I'm happy to fish while I cool my jets

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

What if some lucky fool kills a hog Thursday night. Would that count as food that needs to be tossed on friday? Obviously a long shot but I got curious

Comment

Yes, if you shoot a pig before noon on Friday you need to wait until after noon to bring it to camp.

So plan accordingly...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Yes, if you shoot a pig before noon on Friday you need to wait until after noon to bring it to camp.

So plan accordingly...
            Good to know. Should I also leave fish on the stringer?

Comment

There was some lessons learned/good ideas done the last day at GRXH 2019.

Two items I thought would be worth pushing for this year is:
              1. A drone with good fly time capacity that can help spot from above
              2. Thermal gear. I think a pulsar or a cheap knockoff could help groups spot pigs at distance during daylight hours. It should be cold enough for good contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post
                There was some lessons learned/good ideas done the last day at GRXH 2019.

Two items I thought would be worth pushing for this year is:

1. A drone with good fly time capacity that can help spot from above

2. Thermal gear. I think a pulsar or a cheap knockoff could help groups spot pigs at distance during daylight hours. It should be cold enough for good contrast.

Drones are a no- no

use aircraft (including drones, except by activity-specific permit) to hunt, locate (including wounded animals), manage, harass, drive, trap or photograph any wild animal.

Comment

Drones are for sure restricted unless you have a pilot's license. Plus, there may be other permits on state/government land.

Comment

We should bring 2 slacklines and place 8-10ft over creek for those of us without boats to cross. One for feet the other for hands. They would be high enough for the boats to go under. We could use climbing sticks to get up high.

Comment

That's allot of rope to get across the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        We should bring 2 slacklines and place 8-10ft over creek for those of us without boats to cross. One for feet the other for hands. They would be high enough for the boats to go under. We could use climbing sticks to get up high.
                        That seems...unwise lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          That seems...unwise lol
                          Then...it is obvious that it should be done...if not for assjackery purposes...for the sake of slo-mo falling videos for the post hunt thread top ten.

I volunteer to setup and post up on highwire bridge from the island to wherever appropriate when a push goes. Spradley...Im gonna need to borrow your saddle...por favor. I dont want to make the top ten.

Comment

Beeman...I can bring a thermal imager but I dont think itll be much use.

Im interested to know if someone has a legit playbook from which playcall assignments could be volunteered for and preordained...prior to hunt commencement. Talking crazy...but...a SoreFinger Flotilla sounds appropriately appropriate especially if no hogs are in at midday Saturday.

Who is XO again?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Oooh! I like this idea! I'm bringing mine. Always wanted to slack line over water anyway

Comment

Hmm. Actually upon reconsidering weather and water temp I'm tempted to change my mind. Maybe I'll just set it up in camp. We're still bound to get good footage of dudes busting their ***

Comment

Working...
                                X