No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seeing this one, wow amazing build!!! Hats off to ya!

Comment

What kind of wood is that on the inside walls

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          What kind of wood is that on the inside walls
          Are you talking about the wood below? (pic 1) If so that is the same cedar siding, but it was the top layer that was exposed and weathered more. I liked the way that looked so in the Main bedroom I used all of that on that wall. The other interior walls will not be Cedar, I am still trying to figure that out (looking for deals) I am thinking of getting Free old fence boards and using those in some fashion. I was thinking that if I put plywood on the walls then paint the plywood Black, then use large gaps between the fence board so that you can see the black behind it would be cool. Kinda like the 2nd picture below. Below the fence-board will be a wainscoting made of Rusty tin. What do you all think of that?
          Attached Files

Comment

I've seen that and old pallets done similarly. Both looked pretty sharp. The interesting thing on the pallets is they were put on the ceiling and then a clear coat of stain was put on them to give them a polished looks. I was impressed.

Comment

That is pretty cool looking. I’m in the framing process of my metal bar do and I plan on putting up as much old wood on the inside as I can get my hands on. Lookin good!!

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                I am thinking of getting Free old fence boards...
                Around the corner from my house is a stack of old fence panels left in a neighbors yard from the University. At the dead-end of UTSA Blvd (UTSA/Babcock). It's college students that live in the house and UTSA repaired the fence a couple weeks ago, but left all the panels lying there in the yard. I'm sure the guys that live there won't mind you picking them up.

Worth checking into.

(I've wanted to go grab some of the boards, but I have too many projects going on right now for this...)

Comment

We made another weekend trip and got alot done. I plumped in the shower and the bathroom sink to a temporary Tote. It turned out to be perfect. I have a 12v RV pump to provide the water pressure to the shower and sink. The shower is a on demand propane heater that only cost me $119.00. It automatically turns on the propane when water flow is detected so it only uses propane while in use. The sink will not have hot water, but if I wanted to I could do the same setup under the cabinet. I installed some LED rope lights alone the top rim of the tank that have a lite glow all night long (they are solar powered and come on auto-magically. All in all it looks freaking awesome in my opinion.(Pics 1-3). I also got to take my first hot shower and it was wonderful. (sorry no picture of that!)

I installed the toilet as well but I have not plumbed water to it yet. I do have a dilemma though and hope you all can help me out..... First off I will not have a septic tank. My plan is to use a large black-water tank and have a septic company come out periodically to pump it out. So I bought a ultra low flow RV toilet. It only uses .32 gallons of water per flush. I know that these are designed for an RV with a black-water tank directly underneath it. I can install a small 200 gallon one under my bathhouse with no issue. My question is if I want to install a larger tank like a 500 gallon one about 25 yards away from the toilet will it work? I don't think that there is going to be enough water-flow to push the fecal matter that far down to the tank. I don't want to create a blockage if stuff just stops in the middle and dries up. The large tank will be about 6' lower than the toilet and i can drop the pipe at a direct angle to the tank. Personally I don't think it will work with the RV toilet but it would work with a normal one. To me they both are about the same, if I use a small tank with a low flow RV type toilet or a larger tank with a normal higher flow toilet the amount of flushes would even out. What do you all think?

We also got the front door installed and the hardware on both doors installed so the structure is finally secure. Pic 4
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think your front door is awesome

Comment

awesome

Comment

The weekend we set out to get a few items done on the cabin and fencing.

Two weeks ago I paid a fencing company to fence the cul-de-sac that my lot surrounds. It was only about 260' of fencing, with a break in it for a 16 foot gate. They did not use any T-posts, rather they used 3" drill stem all the way around. They still have to tighten it up a bit and set an H brace in the corner to get it all done. They told me that the gate posts were ready to go so we made a plan to install the Gate, and trim out the front door this weekend. (pics 1,2&3)

As per usual things did not go as planned! The Gate posts, even though they had H braces install in line with the fence, were not stable enough to hold up the gates I bought. So we had to install another H brace perpendicular to the fence. We hand dug the holes with breaker bars, cut and welded some drill stem that I had on hand (thank goodness) We welded it up and leveled everything. We then cemented everything in. That took our entire Saturday to complete. (Pics 4 & 5)

Sunday morning we woke up to dew and fog. As things cleared up I was able to get a cool picture of the fog in the valley to the west. (pic 6)

After the dew dried out we began the hanging of the gates. I got lucky about 2 years ago we found a guy with 2 8 foot gate panels who only wanted $30.00 for both. Although I knew it would be a while before I could ever install them I couldn't pass it up. I forgot just how heavy they were because we delivered them out there and had be sitting there since I bought them. Man was I glad we decided to add those H braces. Each gate is 8 foot wide and 6' tall. We installed the mounts and leveled it our as best we could (its not perfect but it will do!) We install gate hardware and then I painted all of the gate pipes black. (Pics 6-9)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ranch Cabin Build

I love black pipe. We just painted all the drill stem pipe at my mother in laws black and it looks amazing. I can not believe the deals you’ve picked up on this build. Incredible finds!

On the tankless hot water heater, was it an Ecotemp? Been looking at the L7 for deer camp.

Awesome job on all of this. I hope to have my own slice of texas like this in the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                            I love black pipe. We just painted all the drill stem pipe at my mother in laws black and it looks amazing. I can not believe the deals you’ve picked up on this build. Incredible finds!

On the tankless hot water heater, was it an Ecotemp? Been looking at the L7 for deer camp.

Awesome job on all of this. I hope to have my own slice of texas like this in the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I got mine on Amazon. I paid 69.99 for mine (pic 1) They are not selling that one anymore but there is the same one OEM'd by a different manufacture that is selling them for 72.88.

I only use this for showers not for anything else. Next time I go out I will take a better picture of the installed unit.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great info on the water heater! I’ll plan on using something similar for ours!

Comment

This was an awesome read. Looking forward to seeing this progress

Comment

Working...
                                X