China. What The Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    Hard to tell the fake stuff the Chinese government is putting out from the fake stuff anybody with a keyboard is putting out
    If those numbers were real, we would have many more deaths abroad by now. So far it’s 2

Comment

Hard to tell the fake stuff the Chinese government is putting out from the fake stuff anybody with a keyboard is putting out
      It’s not that hard if you know how numbers work. It’s probably somewhere in the middle, but lower.

Comment

somewhere in the middle huh? welp, now i know how numbers work.

mortality rate of 2% to 16%? something like that?

Comment

Same can be said for our government and media outlets

Comment

I am not sure what to think of the numbers going around for the mortality rate. if just taking reported deaths / reported cases it seems that could underestimate since a bunch of those reported cases may have just not enough time for disease to run its course and kill them. on the other hand I wonder if there are a bunch of people with the virus who have not been sick enough to requrie/receive treatment and then don't get counted in the denominator.

Comment

Bloomberg reported this morning that those within the originating province of Hubei are 20x more likely to die from the virus than elsewhere due to the lack of treatment within the quarantine zone. The article title suggest that China sacrificed a province to save the world and pushed the "wet market" angle that the virus spread from tainted food, I think most people see it a bit differently.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                I am not sure what to think of the numbers going around for the mortality rate. if just taking reported deaths / reported cases it seems that could underestimate since a bunch of those reported cases may have just not enough time for disease to run its course and kill them. on the other hand I wonder if there are a bunch of people with the virus who have not been sick enough to requrie/receive treatment and then don't get counted in the denominator.
                For a case to be added to China's official number they have to be tested positive on a local level and then positive by the province. That goes to the national level where it must be confirmed again. China has a drastic shortage of test kits. Many that die are just cremated and never diagnosed. Mortality percent is much higher than reported there. Also there are likely many thousands of cases that never see a Dr.

Comment

Here is a rabbit hole of stuff. But this guy is mostly spot on. He walks the line between genius with what he finds and tin foil crack smoker. but on this topic I tend to believe hes spot on.
                  this is bad. China is covering it up.
                  The WHO is trying to get ahead of it.
                  We will see the fall out soon in the electronics and other parts that will stop flowing, if this is really this bad.

Comment

update from my buddy this morning:

Hangzhou province has now been locked down to prevent the spread into Shanghai where it has the potential to affect 30% GDP. Shenzhen is probably next. The Shenzhen/Hong Kong border was sealed off yesterday. The local media's slogan currently is "life before money" with regards to the closures/quarantines/and province lockdowns. He says its spreading and getting extremely worse with every day.
                    Thats his 2cents for today.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                      we are in the last days. Put all your hope and trust in the lord jesus christ.
                      ^^^^^^^^
                      amen!

Comment

**** N95 Respiratory mask are going for almost $30 for a 2pk online now. Sellers market on those right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          **** N95 Respiratory mask are going for almost $30 for a 2pk online now. Sellers market on those right now!
                          I just looked those up.
                          That's all that's needed to protect against the virus?
                          I was picturing something like this ....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Saw that one of the main doctors who called it out died today.
                            Time (not that I take much stock in things they write) made a good point of how weak this makes their current leader look. Half wonder if instead of this being a chinese mess up, whether us or other nations had something to do with it... get a few guys inside the Wuhan labs, and purposely cripple them internally. Or a rogue party within china.
                            Praying for those affected... hoping it does not spread to our folks in Shanghai. You know how it goes though... they're extremely strict on these things, but theres always someone not following protocol.

Comment

Deaths to recoveries is the scary ratio. Most of the people sick now with pneumonia will take 2-3 weeks to recover. It is a slow killing illness.
                              Last edited by BrianL; 02-06-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                That's all that's needed to protect against the virus?
                                That and not licking doorknobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X