No announcement yet.

Had enough of Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned several Fords over the last thirty years. My last one, an F250 with the 5.7 Powerstroke. Loved the truck but every time I went past a dealership, I saw one with the cab lifted off so they could work on the engine. Heard horror stories of $10,000 fuel system repairs. I thought it over for a few months and decided that I'm not rich enough to drive one, nor do I really need the diesel. Sold it and got a Tundra. I really like it and don't miss the Ford at all.

Comment

You can get a good or a bad one of any of them.

I've had pretty good luck with GM products. If I ever buy another brand half ton it would probably be Toyota.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand Ford can be trouble !
        But still better than the rest. IMO

Comment

Where are you located OP?

Comment

Had enough of Ford

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Built or assembled in Texas?

Every tundra is built in Texas with more American sourced parts than Chevy or dodge. (Not combined of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by FLASH_OUTDOORS; 02-04-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I had a similar story to you OP. I waited till the check engine light on my 2016 f150, with 92,000 miles turned off and pulled into the first Toyota dealership and got a tundra to try. I’ve put 60,000 on it in a little over a year, and I now think it’s the best truck Ive ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I went Tundra 2 months ago for similar issues. Very good decision.

Comment

I don’t understand these rants. Everything breaks and when you build millions of an item some are just going to be flat out messed up. You couldn’t give my uncle another Tundra, my last Chevrolet was a POS, my Dad thinks Fords are the worst thing on the road and my granddad will cuss you if you mention Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I don’t understand these rants. Everything breaks and when you build millions of an item some are just going to be flat out messed up. You couldn’t give my uncle another Tundra, my last Chevrolet was a POS, my Dad thinks Fords are the worst thing on the road and my granddad will cuss you if you mention Dodge.

Bingo. I’ve had them all and each had its issues.

Comment

If Toyota would put a decent seat in the tundra I’d get one, but that flat as a park bench built for fat azz Americans excuse of a seat sucks

Comment

Had enough of Ford

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Built or assembled in Texas?
                        How are you splitting this hair? In other words, which part of the modern, globally-sourced vehicle production process are you meaning by “built”?

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        Better check what Toyota’s are actually assembled in texas
                        Believe the Tacoma is moving to MEXICO
                        Same as above, plus, got a link? Some Tacos have been built in Mexico for a long time. They sell a few there, you know.
                        Mexico is a fine place to build vehicles— ask Ford.
                        If you’re going to capitalize selectively, how about TEXAS?

Comment

When looking for a new vehicle, drive around town and find a dealership without a service department. They make the perfect vehicle.

They all break, they all have quirks. Much like getting married, find the level of crazy you can handle and stick with it. If crazy gets out of hand trade it in.

Comment

Main problem with toyota for me is fuel economy. Sure the Tundra is a great truck, but 13-17 mpg is a crock.
                            I had ford break down on me, dodge break down on me, dont want to touch fuel bill on a Yota, and can’t fit in the plywood seat of a chevy.

Pick and choose your medicine. They all have issues

Comment

I’ll take poor mpg over repairs any given day, period. They all get about the same at 80, pushing a 5000lb brick through the air.

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              Main problem with toyota for me is fuel economy. Sure the Tundra is a great truck, but 13-17 mpg is a crock.
                              I had ford break down on me, dodge break down on me, dont want to touch fuel bill on a Yota, and can’t fit in the plywood seat of a chevy.

Pick and choose your medicine. They all have issues

Comment

OP, what was the charge to fix the radio? How long has the last repair worked?
                                I had mine repaired last week. Just wondering how long it might last.

Comment

Working...
                                X