Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
    Did good on Lake Whitney today. We cheated and went guided [ATTACH]990527[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Was that with James Davis by any chance? He's good on Whitney!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Actually Collin Strey. You get guy but he’s doing it right

Comment

Well without Tapacrap my reports are gonna suck, but this weekend was awesome again! 15 pound plus stringers 3 days in a row! Poked around some Friday and had a cooler full but fishing was awful tough. Sat and Sunday were like you flipped a switch and had limits both days with multiple 2 plus pound fish. Had several 2.30s and a 2.42 on my scale this weekend. It weights light so can probably add .2 pounds at least to those and I get a pound on anything over 13 pounds from my scale on a certified scale so I'm sure we were more mid 16 pounds on 7 crappie. Those RC crappie are getting smaller and smaller and I'm not even there yet!

Fishing next weekend then gotta find time to go to Darbonne! Never been there but I wanna go!

Then onto Grenada hopefully!

My life is consumed by a dang panfish!!!

Comment

Actually Collin Strey. You get guy but he’s doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            I did it myself. It was a pain. I bought mine from BBG Marine. Cheaper than any advertised price, but dont buy directly from their site, email and get a quote.

Im sure some ( most? ) ( especially newer ) boats will be easier, but I had to run a whole new circuit to a new fuse block to meet the power requirements.
            I got all my stuff from Zeke at the Bass Tank. Free shipping and no tax. It's easy to install yourself. I would recommend a seperate battery. Alot of places will wire it to your cranking battery and they draw alot of juice! Especially the 10 and 12" screens. As for size don't look at a 10 or 12" screen ever if you get the 9". I have a 10" and wish I got the 12. 1222 is all you need if it's for Livescope.
            Thanks

Comment

I went to the boat show this weekend. I knew there was going to be some temptations there and luckily i didn't buy anything! But i did fall in love with the G3s. Those boats are sweet! Just dreaming about a nice yamaha 4 stroke some day.

BUT, if anyone is looking to update their graphs, I called Bass Pro in Garland and found out they still had some Helix 10 Mega SI G2N units. They rang up for $999 which is the black Friday price. The new G3N models are $2K so this is about the best value i've been able to find. They are supposedly holding more back in the warehouse to be sold at the spring fishing classic sale.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                I went to the boat show this weekend. I knew there was going to be some temptations there and luckily i didn't buy anything! But i did fall in love with the G3s. Those boats are sweet! Just dreaming about a nice yamaha 4 stroke some day.

BUT, if anyone is looking to update their graphs, I called Bass Pro in Garland and found out they still had some Helix 10 Mega SI G2N units. They rang up for $999 which is the black Friday price. The new G3N models are $2K so this is about the best value i've been able to find. They are supposedly holding more back in the warehouse to be sold at the spring fishing classic sale.
                That's a good deal, and what I run on my console. Does it have the "Go To" feature?

Comment

Good deal right there TA! That's how I got my first Helix 10 G1. Wait till the new tech comes out and old stuff on clearance.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

I picked up a G2 Helix 10 a week ago a Cabelas for that same price. In fact I got the 10 G2 and 7 G3 for less than a G3 10.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. I recently moved to Rockwall area from Mississippi. I have crappie fished my whole life at the big three lakes Sardis, Enid and Grenada. Looking forward to figuring them out this spring once they move into shallow water and I can wade with my jig pole!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        I had a fellow book a trip to check out the lake. He is retiring soon and trying to decide where he wants to live. LOP is looking pretty good to him right now. Steve is a excellent fisherman and beat up some mighty fine fish with several over 2 pound, 2 pounds 6 oz being the best. All fish caught in the bodark trees in 25’ of water on jigs

[ATTACH]989509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]989510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]989511[/ATTACH]

Buff I am new here where do you guide? And I love the quote you use in your signature!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowjunky39 View Post
                          Buff I am new here where do you guide? And I love the quote you use in your signature!!!

I run trips on lake o the pines and Bob Sandlin

Comment

Originally posted by bowjunky39 View Post

I didn't know I had a signature

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I didn't know I had a signature
                              Yah, I was looking for it too. Had to go back and double check.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Here is your signature:

QUOTE=Buff;14683602]I didn't know I had a signature[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X