No announcement yet.

Del rio questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salas Better Burger down on Ogden next to baseball park.
    Don Marcelino's, don't believe the haters they are just ordering the wrong thing. Get the guisado burritos, add green sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
      Salas Better Burger down on Ogden next to baseball park.
      Don Marcelino's, don't believe the haters they are just ordering the wrong thing. Get the guisado burritos, add green sauce.

Yea they can't call 'em "carne" cuisado's because there's no guarantee WHAT's in 'em... All the Don Marcellino's are nasty too... Only decent one used to be the original DM #2 that was diagonally across the intersection from HEB... It was in an old gas station, but the Health Dept, finally shut it down... The cook however moved to Poncho's Mexican Restaurant. It's on the corner of 6th St. and Ave G. It's just OK, but it's the best mesican food in Del Rio.

There also is a pretty good local burger shop in the edge of old downtown on Ogden St. called Salas Better burger... We used to get them to go from there pretty regular as it's sort of on the way to/from Del Rio Feed, and back in the day when Producer's Wool and Mohair was the best place to get corn... It's only a couple blocks away from there. Salas is "across the tracks from the main drag so you have to go into downtown and cross the RR tracks to get to it or take the 277 South exit and circle around...

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
        We hunt Comstock....awesome ranch. Del Rio feed has it all...Justin is good people. I prefer the Mummes in Llano because of the scent but I often get feed and cottonseed at DFS too. There were some good deer killed on our place this year. Very low hunting pressure. Good luck on your new place, always fun setting up for new place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        You forgot to mention the Mountain Lions!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Marcelinno’s. Maybe I don’t have a discerning enough taste buds, lol.

Comment

Mexico Tipico has good food on las vacas street. All thought, I heard the cook just moved on so who knows now. Breakfast and lunch only. The Brown Bag also has very good food. Limited hours on his place also.

Question for those of you out on hunting leases: what the H are you guys doing eating in town and not cooking camp food??
            Last edited by Pedernal; 01-25-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Question for those of you out on hunting leases: what the H are you guys doing eating in town and not cooking camp food??
              A just question indeed!

Comment

One more thing...tons of Indian artifacts there. Every little knob above the creeks will be a site.

Comment

Hey guys figured with so much input I fill y’all in on the place!! It’s a little less than 600 there is 3 of us hunting it. The landowner and his wife seem to be great help. It’s loaded with deer turkeys and has a few axis. It already has 6 blinds and 6 feeders in place we just had to bring protein feeders. It’s got a decent little shack that will clean up just fine. Still gotta get a smoker up there which we’ll do most of our cooking on! It’s right outside town about 10 min from Walmart so everything is easily accessible! Here are some pics of the place also a deer we found and a deer that was shot last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deer.

Comment

I’ve got a smoker I’ll give you off of our place. Offset firebox and all. It’s smaller, but can still easily fit a brisket on it. I brought it out two years ago and we haven’t touched it. Been sitting under an awning since then.

If you want it, just let me know. We are near Loma Alta, so 35- 40ish minutes North of town.

Comment

Did you ask about the artifacts? Don't forget the artifacts. Great area.

Comment

Cool little place! You guys are going to enjoy the heck out of it!

Comment

Sounds like a real gem you found there!

IF you ask about artifacts (arrowheads), and they tell you to leave 'em or not pick up any artifacts, then you'll have to either comply or do something against the owner's wishes... If you just don't mention it, and happen to find some pocket rocks, well, if it ever comes up, then you can go on the forgiveness is easier to get than permission position...
                            Guarantee you, if there's a draw or creek running through the place, it will have heads to find unless it's already been picked clean... which is very hard to do...

A note of caution, that deer you found, appears to be in tact and just dead and withered to nothing... That's a prime way deer with anthrax die and decay! IF it indeed die die of anthrax, you can get the disease by handling the carcass, even the antlers... Be very cautious of any dead deer or exotics you find that have not been eaten by yotes/vultures... Strong possibility of anthrax, and anthrax is a known possibility for that area.

Comment

They said they find lots of arrowheads and artifacts..they didn’t say NOT to take them but they didn’t give permission either

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarBoggers View Post
                                They said they find lots of arrowheads and artifacts..they didn’t say NOT to take them but they didn’t give permission either
                                That can be a great extra from the place. Super Feb pass time before the grass grows.

Comment

Working...
                                X