2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
    Did a little bit of fishing a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Water a little fresh eh?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a little bit of fishing a couple weeks ago.

Colorado on the cats?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Colorado on the cats?

Yea, was when that north wind was blowing 30+. Had to hide from it somewhere!

Comment

Fish in the back of Baffin are alive and well, be back after them again Thursday morning

another from last week

Last edited by jaker_cc; 01-19-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Yea, was when that north wind was blowing 30+. Had to hide from it somewhere!

We were the catching easy limits of trout with a sprinkling of redfish up there for the past two months. Hit it a couple weeks ago and it had slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post

Had a good trip last week before the front. Went 20 for 32 on wahoo. Couple studs mixed in.

Now that's a good day!

Comment

What is the go to inshore reel these days? I have a couple 50mg/scorpions plus another Chronarch from 12+ years ago. I haven't really looked at reels to know what's out there other than I have heard of Lews and Concept.

I actually like my Shimanos, but have noticed that as the day progresses they don't cast as far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  What is the go to inshore reel these days? I have a couple 50mg/scorpions plus another Chronarch from 12+ years ago. I haven't really looked at reels to know what's out there other than I have heard of Lews and Concept.

I actually like my Shimanos, but have noticed that as the day progresses they don't cast as far.
                  Look at the Shimano SLX DC... I got one last fall and can't put it down. The digital control is unreal... and the reviews are amazing.

Some guys on YouTube have abused the hell out of them in salt with very little or zero cleaning and they're still going strong.

I wanted one for a while but couldn't find them because they were all sold out. Finally found one online.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Reals are personal preference at the higher level in my opinion. Personally using a couple of 13E's, Chronarch CI4/MG's, and Lews LFS lites and consistently reach for the Lew's. Day after day they've needed less cleaning and maintenance then the Shimano's or 13's. But all of them are top shelf as far as performance or casting above the $250 mark. I do like the side weight adjustment that Lew's offers in comparison to to the 13's. If on a longer wade and switching from a jig head to a plug, its a easy click instead of opening the side plate. I really don't need more but want to try out the new Lew's custom lite SLP. Hearing good reviews from friends.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post

Had a good trip last week before the front. Went 20 for 32 on wahoo. Couple studs mixed in.

How do you know Trey?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post

I'd take a hard look at the Diawa Coastal TWS... I've switch over to them from Curado's and Chronarch's and I love 'em. Tried Lews... Sold it after first trip where I took the Coastal and the Lews and fished them side by side on same rods... Other guy on the trip (Chandeleur's) was fishing Concept reels... He couldn't hang with the Coastal either... Best saltwater reel I've had since the old Diawa PT series 25 years ago... MUCH better than the classic Greenie's or SF Curado...

Comment

I have 4 13 fishing, a concept C, inception saltwater and inception sport Z and a spin cast.

All have been solid reels. I have a lews that is a nice reel too.

I don’t so much preference the reels as much as the rods they are on. I fish the Concept C the most because I love the rod it’s attached to.

Comment

Green 200 curado for the win

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool, thanks for the input, everyone.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

I don’t so much preference the reels as much as the rods they are on. I fish the Concept C the most because I love the rod it’s attached to.

More than likely I will end up building new rods for these reels.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Green 200 curado for the win

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                You're so 90's

Comment

Working...
                                X