2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

2019 is in the rear view mirror. Riley was really tested early on overcoming a barrel wreck and broken arm and messed up shoulder. Adversity makes you rise up or coward down. She rose up and finished strong. Her 2020 season begins tomorrow at the Texas Circuit Finals Jr Rodeo and Jr American Qualifier . Looking forward to another year pursuing those gold buckle dreams. Best of luck to all TBH kids out there chasing there own gold buckle dreams. Doesn’t matter if it’s at a local playday or big events believe in yourself and if you do that than half the battle is already won!!! Good Luck and go be great!!

Got two weeks before we head down to Bryan for another CTYRA. Should be a good time

Comment

Several months ago I made a comment on the Book of Faces how prizes in rodeo are so much better and how kids are spoiled and complain about the buckles and awards they receive. I posted the Texas National Champion team trophy we received for Texas Winning the National High School Team Championship in 1993. I was a member of that Team riding Bare Back horses and was 2nd high point earner for the team( Reserve National Champion). It was a proud moment for me. Well Micheal Gist saw the post and reached out and said let’s see what we can do about it and make it right. Well he did and although it wasnt free it cost me a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. Now Riley has a Heirloom to pass down someday. Got this in the mail today and sure brought back some great memories.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3CA61534-5E1D-4D03-BDE2-AA9F07565034.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	24604399

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0BDD437-482D-4A17-BF84-EE379405E4A2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24604400
      Last edited by BrandonA; 01-07-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Several months ago I made a comment on the Book of Faces how prizes in rodeo are so much better and how kids are spoiled and complain about the buckles and awards they receive. I posted the Texas National Champion team trophy we received for Texas Winning the National High School Team Championship in 1993. I was a member of that Team riding Bare Back horses and was 2nd high point earner for the team. It was a proud moment for me. Well Micheal Gist saw the post and reached out and said let’s see what we can do about it and make it right. Well he did and although it was free it cost me a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. Now Riley has a Heirloom to pass down someday. Got this in the mail today and sure brought back some great memories.

[ATTACH]986997[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986998[/ATTACH]
        That's awesome Brandon.

Comment

I think Sarah will start back up in March.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            I think Sarah will start back up in March.
            That’s great for Sarah. We are getting started back up and frankly this stock show crap is getting in the way of progress. We have horses that need to get in Rodeo shape but we have to get goats ready and excercised. **** on the goats let’s get rodeo ready

Comment

Several months ago I made a comment on the Book of Faces how prizes in rodeo are so much better and how kids are spoiled and complain about the buckles and awards they receive. I posted the Texas National Champion team trophy we received for Texas Winning the National High School Team Championship in 1993. I was a member of that Team riding Bare Back horses and was 2nd high point earner for the team( Reserve National Champion). It was a proud moment for me. Well Micheal Gist saw the post and reached out and said let’s see what we can do about it and make it right. Well he did and although it wasnt free it cost me a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. Now Riley has a Heirloom to pass down someday. Got this in the mail today and sure brought back some great memories.

[ATTACH]986997[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986998[/ATTACH]

Nice Brandon. Abbey has still been riding. Leave Friday for Bryan for the CTYRA. Hunter has been roping st least twice a week. Hunter is skipping the CT because basketball games start that weekend. Horses and kids are ready

Comment

Might have a little fodder for 2020. First year for Millie to compete. We're at the Hays County show now waiting for the boring stuff to conclude and the barrels to come out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  Might have a little fodder for 2020. First year for Millie to compete. We're at the Hays County show now waiting for the boring stuff to conclude and the barrels to come out.

Awesome. Good luck to Millie

Comment

Can't complain with results from her first competition. She took 4th of 12 in cloverleaf. Straight away barrels really threw Stormy off. By God when he gets to a barrel, he's ready to turn and burn!

Comment

Can't complain with results from her first competition. She took 4th of 12 in cloverleaf. Straight away barrels really threw Stormy off. By God when he gets to a barrel, he's ready to turn and burn!

Nice. Congrats goes to Millie. Always exciting seeing them in their first real action. Good things to come I am sure

Comment

Well Abbey and I are headed down to Bryan tomorrow afternoon for the CTYRA rodeo. She rides Saturday morning and then we will leave and head back and hopefully make her 2nd basketball game Saturday afternoon.

Buddy and her have been having great practice sessions this week leading up. Looking forward to seeing what they do.

Comment

Tell Abbey and buddy to just smile, have fun and go fast. I think she just needs to relax and take some pressure of herself

Comment

Tell Abbey and buddy to just smile, have fun and go fast. I think she just needs to relax and take some pressure of herself
                            I agree with this. I told her to go make the best run they can together and not worry about what everyone else is doing. They always ride better together when they are relaxed

Comment

Heck yeah, way to go Millie.

The Blanco Playdays start up in March. Be good practice for Millie and her horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X