Land appraisal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    Keep in mind the CAD only appraises the property once a year. Any improvements to the land after the appraisal time aren’t necessarily calculated or considered until the next taxable year. Some CADs are slow to make the adjustments.
    Grayson caught mine and back taxed me for 2018 and increased 2019. $6,000 2018 tax bill in mail and that was for the increase. They retroed mine. **** google earth

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I’ve been in real estate for 16 years and can tell you the tax appraised value means nothing in determining what a piece of dirt is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mine is appraised at almost $900,000 and I wouldn't take that for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        I’ve been in real estate for 16 years and can tell you the tax appraised value means nothing in determining what a piece of dirt is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I've been in real estate for about the same amount of time. This is one of the first things I was taught. Taxable (assessed) value is a different type of value as compared to Market value. They are developed differently.

A list price can be any number under the sun. So all this needs to be taken with a grain of salt when being compared to one another.

If a market value appraisal has been completed to help set a list price and the list price is significantly higher than the opinion of value in the market value appraisal, somebody is fishing with no bait......

Comment

So the market will ultimately determine value?

Comment

Land around here is selling for around $12K/ac because of demand

No way it would be worth that to me BUT apparently it is to some because it keeps selling

Comment

Same in the hill country. My friend Tony Pic basically says I have champagne taste on a beer budget and he may be right. It appears that nowhere in Texas will land prices drop significantly. What you wind up with is everyone has a five acre deer lease.

Comment

We have a little over 300 acres here in Bastrop County. At least once a month, sometimes more, we get the "I wanna buy your land" letters from the "retired couple in San Antonio, the retired couple in Austin" and some from land buyers. One sent an offer on 82 acres that was the same as the appraisal district value. I answered back that we would consider 8 million and would retain the mineral and hunting rights. No response...........as of yet.

Comment

Dang it CR! That’s just wrong to do old folks like that! Btw, I have a 2008 Tundra with a shell that I’ll trade ya for 10 acres. Maybe nine. My windshield is cracked.

Comment

Working...
                  X