No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never in my life seen as many acorns on the ground in east tx as there are right now. Crazy. Even the hogs are slacking on corn

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I have never in my life seen as many acorns on the ground in east tx as there are right now. Crazy. Even the hogs are slacking on corn
      Sounds like a hail storm the last week or so in the woods! Metal roof at home is annoying at night. Not peaceful like rain drops.

Comment

Nothing but pine trees here

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Was fortunate to take this 8.5 point this morning in northeast TX as he came in chasing a doe
          Attached Files

Comment

Good looking deer way to go congrats.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Acorns? Ain’t seen many if any in Newton county. Last year was a heck of a year for them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                  Was fortunate to take this 8.5 point this morning in northeast TX as he came in chasing a doe
                  That's a nice one. Congratulations!

Comment

Well, juniors target deer hit the dirt tonight. He'd been sitting in the same stand for 5 days waiting on him to show.

Today the wind quit,the woods got quiet and "lucky" made his 430 ish appearance just like the camera had shown.

Only junior wasnt in the blind tonight and grandpa was. 35 rem to the neck dropped him where he stood. To say junior is upset is an understatement. He packed everything up. Even his boots.

Waste of time he says. Who knows what he'll do next

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ouch. I know junior was putting his time in. But there will be bigger ones, just don't let grandpa know about em.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                        Ouch. I know junior was putting his time in. But there will be bigger ones, just don't let grandpa know about em.lol
                        True. But not like this deer. Not for awhile.

We've been eyeing this deer since 2015 when he was a 10 pt. That's a lot to say for 200 acres in east tx with no fences. I passed him countless times. But its been a cat and mouse game with him, the deer and my wife. He was a special deer to my son and "just a deer" to grandpa. He prolly could have got it done last year or weeks ago had he carried a rifle. He wanted it with a bow

Comment

Lol. I get it. I really do.

Comment

And it’s all pin oaks! The white oaks are almost non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Well, juniors target deer hit the dirt tonight. He'd been sitting in the same stand for 5 days waiting on him to show.

Today the wind quit,the woods got quiet and "lucky" made his 430 ish appearance just like the camera had shown.

Only junior wasnt in the blind tonight and grandpa was. 35 rem to the neck dropped him where he stood. To say junior is upset is an understatement. He packed everything up. Even his boots.

Waste of time he says. Who knows what he'll do next

Lol if I quit every time someone shot my deer....

He will get over it. I know how he feels. Hate that he didn’t get him.

Comment

Lol. I get it. I really do.
                                I bet!
                                Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                Lol if I quit every time someone shot my deer....

He will get over it. I know how he feels. Hate that he didn’t get him.

He will. We've all been there. And That's what makes us keep doing it.

I told the kiddo last night we'll grow another one. Two regulars Austin powers and tiny ten come to mind. Both young bucks with good potential. Ap is a decent legal 8 now but looks like hes gonna get tall and wide. Tiny ten is a hella youngster that cant be more than 3 that's already packing good mass, 10 points and might be 12 inches wide

Comment

Working...
                                X