No announcement yet.

Balcones 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The landowner did even know it happened. They were never contacted as far as I know because the staff did not know them. I heard that an 8pt was shot on another Unit and a girl shot a couple does. I don't know about anything else.

Oh, he had a lot of fun. He and I learned a few things. Got to see scrapes and rubs and tracks everywhere. He has been non stop talking about other hunts he wants to go on. I am glad we got the opportunity to go.

Comment

I emailed the gentleman in charge. This is the numbers he sent to me.

9 bucks, 7 does, 3 hogs, and 1 turkey. Several really nice bucks. At least 1 buck wounded and lost.

David Maple
      Deputy Refuge Manager
      Balcones Canyonlands NWR
      (512) 339-9432 X 20009 (office)
      (512) 413-1953 (mobile)

Comment

Originally posted by Kanda View Post
        The landowner did even know it happened. They were never contacted as far as I know because the staff did not know them. I heard that an 8pt was shot on another Unit and a girl shot a couple does. I don't know about anything else.

Oh, he had a lot of fun. He and I learned a few things. Got to see scrapes and rubs and tracks everywhere. He has been non stop talking about other hunts he wants to go on. I am glad we got the opportunity to go.
        Why not just look up the owner and contact him yourself? Doesn't hurt to ask and at least you could get the rack back.

Should be able to find out the owner through the county.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
          Why not just look up the owner and contact him yourself? Doesn't hurt to ask and at least you could get the rack back.

Should be able to find out the owner through the county.
          Download the onx App

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
            Download the onx App

That’s what I use. He did say though that it is a new owner so typically it takes OnX a little while to update owner info when it changes. At least that has been my experience.

OP if you send me the location in a PM I can give you the OnX info for the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice info here, were there any standby openings and if so how many people showed up for them?
              TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No standby on NWRs

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
                  I'll be solo there the December 13-15 I just happen to get 7H as well. Any and all advice is appreciated.
                  I have 7H on the 5-8 of December. I have pinpointed some hotspots on what looks like on Google Earth. I will let you know how it is. If I have luck ill send you the coordinates.

Comment

Originally posted by erikbeagle View Post
                    I have 7H on the 5-8 of December. I have pinpointed some hotspots on what looks like on Google Earth. I will let you know how it is. If I have luck ill send you the coordinates.
                    You're the man. Good luck.

Comment

I am in 7 also, I can let you know what I find out there. First afternoon I am gonna cover some ground quick to try and find some hot areas.

Comment

If y’all hear anything about unit 9 post up.
                        I’m in unit 9 December 13th

Comment

Was not much said about this weekends hunts. One person posted that his unit was a bust. I will email the ranger and see how the overall harvest went.

But I am getting ready. Went ahead and reserved my spot at Turkey bend. I took the first site once you get into the actual park. Close enough to the restrooms for me. This weekend I will make a once over on the truck just to make sure it is ready for the terrain, then I am ready. This is my first draw, so I am hoping for some fun times.

Comment

Message from the refuge biologist.
                            Here is what was harvested last week:
                            Bucks - 12
                            Does - 7
                            Turkey - 1
                            Hogs - 1

Comment

That’s not too bad. Better than I thought it’d be.
                              Thanks for the info. Can’t wait till December 13.

Comment

That's pretty good results. I think it gets better later. Last year we went right after the youth weekend. Good luck to all.

Comment

Working...
                                X