No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there have been some nice bucks posted that were actually killed on LBJ as well. I feel like the weather has really called for a good season across the US so far. A lot of midwest hunting shows I watched have killed a lot of bucks, abnormally early this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      There sure are a lot of NON-LBJ posts on the LBJ facebook page
      noticed that too, some folks need to understand were not there too see your daily facebook posts....I hunted there yesterday evening and this morning, saw 4 bucks, 5-6 doe....they were running hard, had a very very nice buck almost come into my pinch point, but he was hot on a doe and went south of me...

Comment

It was hot and heavy out there this time last year. Shot a buck on Nov 11th that was chasing a doe, couldn't find him though...

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
          It was hot and heavy out there this time last year. Shot a buck on Nov 11th that was chasing a doe, couldn't find him though...
          Shot mine last season on Nov. 12th. Was out this year on the 12th and the are definitely chasing right now. Saw plenty just never a shooter. Someone posted a pic of the buck they shot out there opening weekend of gun season. and it was the buck I have been chasing for the past 2 years. Was a bit defeated. Going to get back out Friday. Also agree there are way to many non LBJ posts in that group in my opinion. It isn't something worth rocking the boat on but it does get annoying from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
            Shot mine last season on Nov. 12th. Was out this year on the 12th and the are definitely chasing right now. Saw plenty just never a shooter. Someone posted a pic of the buck they shot out there opening weekend of gun season. and it was the buck I have been chasing for the past 2 years. Was a bit defeated. Going to get back out Friday. Also agree there are way to many non LBJ posts in that group in my opinion. It isn't something worth rocking the boat on but it does get annoying from time to time.
            Was it posted on facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
              Was it posted on facebook?
              Yes. Not by me but by the guy who shot it.

Comment

Ill Be headed out friday. staying till monday afternoon im pumped.

Comment

2019 LBJ Grassland

Killed my first public land buck today! Put down my bow for the past 2 days and went out with the slug gun. It was a hellacious drag out but got it done with a good friend of mine. Makes all the hours of using OnX maps to scout and miles I have walked scouting worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Jeremy! Congrats to you! Good first buck on PL. I know you've been trying for a long time. Well deserved.

Your dad was so excited, he sent me a pic while yall were still dragging it out.

Comment

And regardless of what others say on this web site, there is a sub culture TG pic following (TG= tail gate pics). And I like-em!

Comment

Thanks Mike!!

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck. I could of swore I put my name on him!

Well earned!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                            Congrats! Nice buck. I could of swore I put my name on him!

Well earned!

LOL. Thanks!

Comment

My buddy lives near Decatur and didn’t even know about lbj until I told him about it, we hunted a lot together so far this season

He killed an old ugly stub buck last week lol, cool little rack but he’s going to eat well, I helped him butcher it and we got some good cuts

He said he came running in right too him, got him at 20 yards with a crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                                Killed my first public land buck today! Put down my bow for the past 2 days and went out with the slug gun. It was a hellacious drag out but got it done with a good friend of mine. Makes all the hours of using OnX maps to scout and miles I have walked scouting worth it!

Is that an H&R Ultra Slug Gun?

Comment

Working...
                                X