No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can hunt archery till the end of the regular season but now the only deer you can shoot are bucks only till the 'doe season' for 4 days that begins on Thanksgiving Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
      you can hunt archery till the end of the regular season but now the only deer you can shoot are bucks only till the 'doe season' for 4 days that begins on Thanksgiving Day.
      right I knew that but he sounded like he was 100% right and told me all kinds of info about the place...but i took it all with a grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
        I second this.

Comment

So I am under the impression that hagerman is a drawn hunt. I was just looking into.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
            So I am under the impression that hagerman is a drawn hunt. I was just looking into.

yep i do believe so to

Comment

Hagerman refuge is a drawn hunt. There's a lot of COE land around Texoma and some of it close to and I believe may even border Hagerman that is open to public hunting.
              Disclaimer: I could be wrong as I've never hunted any of it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep draw only. That's one you're gunna want to put in for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  Yep draw only. That's one you're gunna want to put in for next year.
                  So there are quite a few I'm gonna put in for next year. I got a late start with hunting this year so I'm planning to so as many as I can next year

Comment

Shot a pretty good buck this morning! The track job was very difficult but I found him. Deer were moving today and this guy came right through at 15 yards. Very proud of him! I guess I'm done at LBJ this year.

You guys suggest any public in north/northeast/east TX?
                    Congrats!

Comment

So there are quite a few I'm gonna put in for next year. I got a late start with hunting this year so I'm planning to so as many as I can next year

Hagerman will be interesting next year. I think it is the first year to be managed by TPWD. In the past, you had to have bowhunter safety and to have a certified score of 240 or better on a 3d course to hunt. I don't know if those are going to be required for Hagerman next year. I plan to apply as well (and i expect about 5,000 others). I hope they keep the requirements. They keep some requirements for the other NWR hunts so maybe.

The COE around Hagerman is managed out of the Tulsa office. I've heard that it is managed rather "loosely" in that there are permanent blinds, cabins and all sorts of technical infringements on the rules. This may be true or it may be an effort to keep people off (as I do with LBJ!). I thought we would scout it this February and see what's up (Kids have a HS bass tournament there so we will be around anyway).

I had good spots picked out on LBJ this year but I haven't hunted them. I scouted Whitney and have hunted there. I"m saving LBJ for later in the winter when the traffic dies down and the horses are put up (I hope).

Comment

Got everything loaded but the kitchen sink hunting public land for the next seven days anybody else out here this weekend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

Got everything loaded but the kitchen sink hunting public land for the next seven days anybody else out here this weekend ?

Trying Caddo in the morning. Never been there. Going in blind with the exception on OnX. Good luck!

Comment

Trying Caddo in the morning. Never been there. Going in blind with the exception on OnX. Good luck!

I’ve always wondered about that place it’s just a bit far for me but best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              Another mature crab claw 8 pt. was killed yesterday evening. There have been some really nice bucks killed in the last few days.

If you'd like to see the pictures, join this FB page. Be sure and answer the three simple questions. Just add TBH to a response and I'll approve you. Be sure and read the page rules before posting.

LBJ Grasslands Deer Hunters Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763066240400624/
                              There sure are a lot of NON-LBJ posts on the LBJ facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                There sure are a lot of NON-LBJ posts on the LBJ facebook page
                                Agreed, kind of annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X