Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAP View Post
    Question, how are you guys getting up in trees if you can’t hang stands? Just climbing? How far off the ground do you get?
    Never been there but looking at where it is, on the lower Laguna Madre, I'm guessing you would have to bring your own tree?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Question, how are you guys getting up in trees if you can’t hang stands? Just climbing? How far off the ground do you get?
      A couple guys wore harnesses for some that I showed them, if that tells you much. Other trees just a few feet, which is all you need. Don't count on finding many in most places

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Those of you asking what kinda stand , is HD best luck with 6-8’ aluminum tripod. Why aluminum ? Because you have to carry these stands miles if you wanna go back in there.

Comment

There were zero climb-able trees in the north end where I was hunting. Zero. Any tree that had potentially weight-bearing branches also had 3-inch stilletto knives sticking out of its trunk and every branch. Plus here's more fun: a swarm of Africanized honey bees invaded and passed through the little area I was sitting in, and swarmed into and then out of the few taller trees around me. I was pretty frightened, knowing that if the swarm turned in my direction there wasn't a whole lot I was going to be able to do about it. I just sat as quietly and as motionless as possible until the swarm moved on.

Comment

"If you climb it, They will come"

Unless you weigh 200 plus, then your better off climbing the fence post. Not many trees in the good areas will support that weight. If you can get off the ground 6' or better, that would help. They hardly look up. I have had a spike and doe walk under my 6' tripod in the past. Lightweight tripods are always the best to take in and set up.
            (956)281-1863 this guy Makes light weight rigs. His name is Dean, lives in Harlingen which is 20minutes from refuge.
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
              Those of you asking what kinda stand , is HD best luck with 6-8’ aluminum tripod. Why aluminum ? Because you have to carry these stands miles if you wanna go back in there.

I brought a Millenium T-100 which is an all aluminum tripod but only used it twice. I found that a chair brushed in gave me better options and allowed me to be more mobile. Hauling it in wasn’t an issue since I had a mtb bike and a custom made bike cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Selling drop pins to the highest bidder.

Bids start at $1,000.00 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                  I brought a Millenium T-100 which is an all aluminum tripod but only used it twice. I found that a chair brushed in gave me better options and allowed me to be more mobile. Hauling it in wasn’t an issue since I had a mtb bike and a custom made bike cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That's how I have hunted for years. No blind or tripod just a compact chair with a seatback for comfort. The chair fits inside my back pack and my bow is strapped on top of it. Completely hands free. Pack in light and hopefully if everything goes well pack out heavy.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    Selling drop pins to the highest bidder.

Bids start at $1,000.00 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I will throat punch you in the wageena if you give away the hot spots!

Won’t as hard if you split any funds with us!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

Them spots are all mine! Lol you know **** well I wouldn't give those spots up for $1,000. Maybe $10,000 for a just one

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                        "If you climb it, They will come"

Unless you weigh 200 plus, then your better off climbing the fence post. Not many trees in the good areas will support that weight. If you can get off the ground 6' or better, that would help. They hardly look up. I have had a spike and doe walk under my 6' tripod in the past. Lightweight tripods are always the best to take in and set up.
                        (956)281-1863 this guy Makes light weight rigs. His name is Dean, lives in Harlingen which is 20minutes from refuge.
                        Good luck.

How much $$$ do these tripods normally run? Pictures ?

Comment

I mean those nilgai are already dead... lol

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                            Them spots are all mine! Lol you know **** well I wouldn't give those spots up for $1,000. Maybe $10,000 for a just one

Hahah I know.

Comment

Fight!
                              I'd pay to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Fight!
                                I'd pay to see that.
                                No save your PPV money! I actually know the spots and I’m like cheaper than dirt! 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X