No announcement yet.

2019 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had about 15 big gobblers come in all of them had long beards and super healthy. Gets me excited for the spring!

Cpl small bucks but thats about it. Cameras needed new batteries and sd cards . put a cpl new cameras out and have a cpl more to check also.

Cant believe it was 72 today

Comment

Couple more new deer to look at
      Click image for larger version

Name:	59469912994__DFA88BCE-3844-4840-B56B-EDF4AE66DF3E.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	24597117[ATTACH]979198[/ATTACH
      The latter probably just moved towards the top of my hit list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Attached Files

Comment

Love all the pics! Have me drooling ! I need to get on one of your leases!

Comment

Name:	IMG_1995.JPG
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	24597118

Another cool deer, got some trash

Comment

All, daylights pics, too. Great deer. Headed up Friday night after football for 10 days. Gonna take Antler Boy's advice and move some stands near bedding areas to accommodate different wind directions. I just spent $25 hard earned dollars on the Blood Moon App (as seen on TV...ha) Shows bedding areas and transition zones as hot spots between 0930-1100 this weekend. hope to see some good pics on here over next few weeks and hope to add one myself...….

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
              All, daylights pics, too. Great deer. Headed up Friday night after football for 10 days. Gonna take Antler Boy's advice and move some stands near bedding areas to accommodate different wind directions. I just spent $25 hard earned dollars on the Blood Moon App (as seen on TV...ha) Shows bedding areas and transition zones as hot spots between 0930-1100 this weekend. hope to see some good pics on here over next few weeks and hope to add one myself...….
              I have done the same move setups into the saddles and found some white oaks. I will hunt all day when I go back up for a few days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to you guys, I plan on kicking off my hunting season tomorrow and plan to spend next couple months in stand. Hope it does not take that long. Tried getting everything squared away tonight it was a S¥/! show. Will probably carry 50 lbs of crap to woods I don’t need. My half dozen sits this year have been half azzzed

Comment

My pack literally probably weighs 30 lbs lol. My back is feeling it. Hunted 10am till dark yesterday and had deer on me all day several small bucks chasing does.

Also had 3 solid 3 1/2 year olds come by chasing does. One was decent 10 pointer came to 25 yards.

Got charged by about a 125 inch 8 pointer walking to the stand . Was laid up with a doe she ran past at 10 yards and he came right at me to 5 steps - think he thought I was a buck but he quickly realized his mistake as I was at full draw and he had an arrow pointed right at him .

The creek to access my property flooded really bad so couldn't hunt this am. Got permission from neighbor to pass through his property to access from other side creek but was probably a 40 minute hike back . Saw two nice bucks on the dirt road chasing but that was it .

Bucks are definitely chasing and should be a great few weeks of hunting . Looking forward to seeing some bucks go down soon!

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Also don't know about everyone else but my place is loaded with acorns right now. Didn't realize how much so till looking around today

Comment

can't wait to get up there and see what is going on...

Comment

Well I let an arrow fly tonight on an old Wiley mountain buck. He is one we have had pictures of for years but could never get. He is actually a cull buck. I climbed down the ridge overlooking a bluff and peaked over and sure enough 25 yards away he was bedded down with a doe.

Didn't realize which buck it was for like 45 minutes - knew he was old but short tine length. Once I realized decided if I got a shot I would take it. As he skirted away following the doe I slid to my left into the only opening and made what felt like a great shot. The shot landed a few inches forward shattered his front shoulder and only penetrated maybe 6-7 inches . The shaft snapped on a tree as he fell down the hill

I shoot a 340 grain fmj arrow and a 100 grain nap spitfire max for about 450 grain total weight. Now I wish I stuck with my fixed bh. When it first hit he immediately dropped and fell down the edge of the ridge below. There was a big puddle of blood where he stood at the bottom for a minute or so.

I tracked him maybe 300-400 yards after 3 hrs waiting. I shot him at 1pm today. The blood tapered off some maybe 6-7 drops at a time here and there. But still blood. Saw some small bubbles in some of the blood and found several huge shards of bone from the shoulder. After tracking him awhile and hearing a deer blow ahead of me which I'm guessing is him I decided to back out. The landowner thinks he is dead and wants me to go find him tonight . Was hoping to have some of your opinions and will include some pictures too .

I also got 10 or more minutes of video of the buck on iPhone before I shot him. I will try to figure out how to post a video on here . Its pretty neat. And I shot this deer from the ground which is kinda crazy.

Photos in route

Comment

I would wait. Shoulder hits in my experience aren't deadly. Not saying it's not a deadly hit but the time I hit one in the shoulder he survived and I got him later. But I would wait.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would wait. If anything like our area, there’s a good chance the coyotes will get to him tonight. Might not be much meat left to salvage if that happens.
                            Sounds like an awesome encounter and hunt. Wish the best for your recovery.

In for pics and video. Uploading it to YouTube might be the easiest route.

Comment

Agree with both, coyotes will have him or he’ll be fine. Bad thing about shoulder hits with no exit is blood tends to pool between shoulder and rib cage “that crappy part to skin when your trying to cape one out” blood just runs out it seems.

I’ve personally shot a deer through both shoulders that I killed 3 years later, both shoulder blades had v missing out of them when I cleaned him.

Comment

im not feeling good about it. Hate myself when this happens . Was one of the coolest sits Ive ever had and sucks for it to end this way. ill post the videos on youtube then upload here so you guys can check out. I went out and looked again in an effort to try and save the meat from the yotes. I eventually lost the trail. Talk about pucker factor being way back in those mtns by yourself in the middle of the night. Something came charging down the trail towards my back from the direction I had just came and it was not scared of me even when I shined light and made noise . Wouldn't run off. here are some photos of arrow and blood trail.

Name:	IMG_7356-2.JPG
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	24597313

Name:	IMG_7358-2.JPG
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	24597314

Name:	IMG_7359-2.JPG
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	24597315

Name:	IMG_7361-2.JPG
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	24597316

Name:	IMG_7362.JPG
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	24597317

Name:	IMG_7373.JPG
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	24597318

Name:	IMG_7383.JPG
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	24597319

Name:	IMG_7352.JPG
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	24597320

Name:	IMG_7346.JPG
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24597321
                                Last edited by mtnbucks26; 11-09-2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X