Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Slew

Comment

I had Brodie Morrison out today with his son. That boy could catch fish. We caught them on brush in 15 to 20 foot of water. We tried standing timber and found fish but couldn’t get them to bite. All fish caught on minnows.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3CE4AE39-5959-4268-983C-CC7504B1481B.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	24595610

Name:	8F3DBE6A-0ED9-4D26-831D-B9141B687BFA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	24595611

Name:	01CEC92F-74CA-4B72-A2F1-3178EB00471F.jpeg
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	24595612

Comment

Freddie Dooley said fish were in the trees on Pines but he couldn't get them to bite either! Wanna head that way but can't drive past Fork right now!! My boat looks like it's been blasted with primer grey!![emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any news on Rayburn? Went to Limestone last weekend and caught a few but had a problem finding brush. Have a pretty good set up now with the boat, Elite 9 ti2 on the back and hook2 5 on the front. Sidescan working real nice but still gotta spend a good bit of time finding brush. Wanna find a lake that has a decent amount of brush on it

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            Any news on Rayburn? Went to Limestone last weekend and caught a few but had a problem finding brush. Have a pretty good set up now with the boat, Elite 9 ti2 on the back and hook2 5 on the front. Sidescan working real nice but still gotta spend a good bit of time finding brush. Wanna find a lake that has a decent amount of brush on it

Rayburn has brush everywhere! Ray Charles could find brush in that lake!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Thats me!

Comment

It's every where, almost like a forest [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Fish up DFW area Navarro Mills etc.will the cooler weather move them up like 10 ft.+-?

Comment

LOP had me worried today.
                    Every fishing guide starts the day a little worried. Did the fish move, can I find them . Will they bite. Then you catch a few fish, relax and enjoy the day with new found friends.
                    2 hours into our trip this morning we had 3 fish in the boat.... 3
                    There we were head down in a pouring rain, cold north rain with 3 fish.
                    Then the wind turned out of the south, the sun broke out and 3 hours later David and his pretty wife had 50 in the boat. At one time She was catching them so fast I was just throwing them in the bottom of the boat as I couldn’t get them on ice and back to her fast enough.

All fish caught in 15 to 20 foot of water on brush piles using minnows.

Name:	584DA7C6-0BAF-44B6-8370-AB3F833EEEEF.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	24595641

Name:	80A18D7E-899C-48D7-A6E3-88E918E10F3B.jpeg
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	24595642

Comment

Terrible pic but looked like a Ford Topaz plain as day when it first saw it! Sherriff office said its been there since summer! Docks were loaded up! That was fun! Geaux Tigers!!

Comment

Somebody please tell me what Im doing wrong.

Got to Rayburn around 9:30am. Launched boat. Went to a pile I had found previously ( everyone knows about ) near the launch. Dropped about 10-12ft deep. Minnows. Caught 2 within maybe 20 min. Didnt catch any more for a while so moved to another couple of piles. Nothing. Went to the bridge. Dropped a minnow straight down the pillars, anywhere from 10 -14 ft deep. Over an hour and caught a little bass and a few nibbles. Went from pillar to pillar with trolling motor. Gave that up and went to some timber on main lake. Dropped straight down against trees. Nothing. Tree to tree. No bites. Went back to cove near marina and found more brush. Nothing.

Minnows are lively. Dropping anywhere from 10 to 14' down. Using 6lb test, 12' jigging rod. I let it sit still then sometimes jig it up and down. I just cant figure out what Im doing wrong.

Comment

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. Sometimes you just gotta stay on the move to find active fish. Yesterday morning was tough for us. I figured we would be cleaning 50 by 10am and get home to watch football all day! Lots of inactive fish everywhere we went. Loaded the boat with small fish and a few scattered hogs. Finally told little man lets put these long rods up and pull out the dock shooters! Never have to twist his arm there. It was on after that! No tournament fish but it sure is fun!! I think the clouds and fog and lack of wind yesterday morning had em scattered some. Yesterday afternoon probably could have fished the same stuff and sacked em up good!! That's what keeps me coming back!!

Comment

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. Sometimes you just gotta stay on the move to find active fish. Yesterday morning was tough for us. I figured we would be cleaning 50 by 10am and get home to watch football all day! Lots of inactive fish everywhere we went. Loaded the boat with small fish and a few scattered hogs. Finally told little man lets put these long rods up and pull out the dock shooters! Never have to twist his arm there. It was on after that! No tournament fish but it sure is fun!! I think the clouds and fog and lack of wind yesterday morning had em scattered some. Yesterday afternoon probably could have fished the same stuff and sacked em up good!! That's what keeps me coming back!!

I figured the docks would be too shallow? How long do you stay at a spot without a bite before you move? I just watched a video posted today by camoriver guide service on Rayburn ( assuming was made very recently ) and they caught 3 limits before 1pm....brushpiles.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              I figured the docks would be too shallow? How long do you stay at a spot without a bite before you move? I just watched a video posted today by camoriver guide service on Rayburn ( assuming was made very recently ) and they caught 3 limits before 1pm....brushpiles.

Not all docks are created equal!! I stay somewhere about 2 minutes without a bite before I move. Sometimes I move even when I'm getting bites! That was the case yesterday. Catching Several fish just wasn't happy with the size so we kept moving!!

Comment

Not all docks are created equal!! I stay somewhere about 2 minutes without a bite before I move. Sometimes I move even when I'm getting bites! That was the case yesterday. Catching Several fish just wasn't happy with the size so we kept moving!!

Sounds like I need to move more. Should I be able to see fish with the Elite ti2? I can see what I think are larger fish on the downscan, but not side scan. Can definitely see pods of shard etc

Comment

Working...
                                X