No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very little blood, mostly fat. Hindsight being 20/20 I think it was more low than back. Considering I'm shooting from an elevated position I should have aimed about 3-4" higher. And to make sure I'll never forget the lesson this is the very next morning, same spot.

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
    I re-watched your video, can hardly see the exact place where the arrow hit, but felt it was a little far back. Did you find any blood from that direction? Have you retrieve the arrow back? If so, what is on it, blood, fat, tissue?

Btw, it is a great video.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
      Very little blood, mostly fat. Hindsight being 20/20 I think it was more low than back. Considering I'm shooting from an elevated position I should have aimed about 3-4" higher. And to make sure I'll never forget the lesson this is the very next morning, same spot.

Congratulations on your doe and that’s a great looking buck. Hope you seal the deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3-4 inches high? That is too much. I suggest not try to compensate it if your bow is powerful enough (65lb above) and you only shoot within 20 yards. Deer's reaction is vary, next time if deer does not lower and jump, you will hit too high. I have the same lesson in the past. When deer gets alert while you pulling the bow, most likely they will react dramatically. If it is still relax, the reaction usually is late, the arrow will hit where you aim. Now, I am aiming the heart, so a little higher or lower does not matter. It is still fatal. The disadvantage is that the arrow is easy to be broken if it hits the big bone and not goes through. I use one-piece fixed broadhead.

Comment

On my way for evening hunt

Comment

Pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Heading out in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Heading out in the morning

Same here. It’s gonna be a cold one.

Comment

Got in my stand around 6 am. At 9:30 i heard voices and loud hip hop not 200 yards from my spot. Apparently some jack wagons decided to setup camp far from a designated camp site. Pretty sweet...

Comment

Well that sucks!!!! Sorry about that. Then again, it could have pushed some deer to you, but I’m guessing it didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXmike79 View Post
                      Well that sucks!!!! Sorry about that. Then again, it could have pushed some deer to you, but I’m guessing it didn’t.

Nope. I wish. Did get a game cam pic of a buck taking a doodoo a couple nights before though

Comment

Anyone getting their golden tickets? The rut should be there hard in a week or so. Good luck guys, sure miss it this season

Comment

Working hard on that 2nd doe. I'm seeing young bucks chase (chased a mature doe away), saw one 3 bucks and one mature buck yesterday.

Young Bucks of Georgetown

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                          Anyone getting their golden tickets? The rut should be there hard in a week or so. Good luck guys, sure miss it this season
                          Last edited by BigLig; 11-04-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working hard on that 2nd doe. I'm seeing young bucks chase (chased a mature doe away), saw one 3 bucks and one mature buck yesterday.

Young Bucks of Georgetown
                            Wow! Im jealous of your spot. The only deer I've seen are on a game cam in the middle of the night. Guess i need to work on my scouting.

Comment

Some pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Get at her Top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X